I want to see what you guys think because you’ll be shocked Deion doesn’t even make the top 5. Here is my list:
- Lincoln Riley (SC)- Preseason Top 6. Paid 11 million, but won’t win 10 games. Has the returning Heisman winner and a Top 8 Talent Composite Team (247sports). The guy has one post season win in his career.
- Dabo Swinney (Clemson)- Preseason Top 9. Paid 10.9 million but is only 1 game over .500 currently. Has a top 5 team talent composite.
- Jimbo Fisher (Texas A&M)- Preseason Top 25 (not sure why so Low). Paid 9.15 million, but only one game over .500. Has the #4 talent composite for 2023 season.
- Sonny Dykes (TCU)- Building off a National Title game appearance in preseason #17. Paid 5 million a year, but only has 4 wins (losing to Deion with a crap team at the start of the season) and his team’s got a talent composite of #19 and there is zero reason they only have 4 wins.
- Chip Kelly (UCLA)- In Preseason he was in receiving votes but not top 25 so this may be a reach. That said he make 6.2 million a year and so far he’s earned a million per win. What’s wild is he’s only at six wins with a Top 25 talent roster living in Southern California. I get this program doesn’t have the history of the prior four (including TCU) when it comes to Football but it shouldn’t be this hard to field a decent program in Westwood.
The Hot Seat exposes more coaches. https://coacheshotseat.com/
The fact that Lincoln, Chip, and Sonny aren’t getting much heat is wild to me. A total shambles of a coaching job by all three this season. For those wondering about Deion most did predict that getting to 6 wins was near impossible and they had the #35 talent composite team.