Favorite breakfast cereals

I think we are due for a non-controversial general interest topic. (Although we need to be careful–Rocker can get very feisty about the supremacy of Captain Crunch.)

I have several favorites. Here are two of them:

First, a very easy and quick option. Just add milk/yogurt/almond milk and the sliced fruit of your choice:

And this is one for winter time. I prefer the longer-cooking version but usually don’t want to spend the time, so I eat these:

Wheaties is the best cereal out there. I wish it were on sale more often. I can’t afford $4 for a box when Corn Flakes are $1.50.

I’m digging various overnight oats combinations lately.

1 Like

Raisin Bran all the way. Maybe some soggy Frosted Mini Wheats.

Crunch Berries! but the boss won’t allow them

:frowning_face:

1 Like

I used to love Frosted Mini-Wheats. Now my go-to is Steel Cut Oat Meal with Kale, Nutritional Yeast, and Hot Sauce. Sometimes I may add Mushrooms or Sun-Dried tomatoes.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch

End of discussion

4 Likes

When you say Golden Grahams I heard Golden Puffs and immediately thought of how they change your pee to a very potent smell. ugh.

3 Likes

Breakfast???

Homey don’t get to do breakfast during the week. If he does, it’s a donut and a cappuccino. Usually it’s a cappuccino or a cup of coffee.

This might explain why Homey don’t play dat.

2 Likes

I’ve been eating Raisin Bran almost daily for about a year. I get into a habit and it takes me a long time to switch. I’m now transitioning to Kashi and steel cut oats for the winter. But sometimes I eat Raisin Bran for a snack.

1 Like

I should have remembered that this subject triggers you. Sorry, everyone. Give this guy a lot of space for the next 5-6 hours.

Grape Nuts, until I broke a tooth eating them the other day. Here comes another crown.

I love Grape-Nuts and used to eat them daily (they’re really good in the winter, heated up in the microwave). I stopped because they’re loaded with calories. I plan to return to eating them after I lose my COVID-19 10 pounds.

Cap’n Crunch was my favorite as a kid.

Wheaties is the best now.

What I mostly eat is my second favorite, Frosted Mini Wheats.

1 Like

Great Grains Cranberry Almond Crunch

I prefer hamsteak and eggs with hashbrowns. Not really a cereal kind of old fart.

2 Likes

Chicken fried steak and eggs. Rye toast, lots of Cholula.

1 Like

Biscuit split open, fried sunny side up egg on both halves. Gravy on top of that… eggs from my own chickens. Hibiscus, lime and water to drink.

The old farts are derailing the cereal conversation with their brunch banter!

3 Likes