Falling apart. Actually glad I'm not there

Getting owned in every aspect t of the game.

I’ll admit that a big part of the reason why I did not seriously consider going to the game in San Antonio was because I did not trust this team not to do what they did tonight.

5 Likes

I’m sure it has happened before, but I saw something I believe I witnessed for the first time by players on a Utah football team. I don’t care to go back and watch the game to determine the specific field location and time on the clock. Texas was probably ahead by three maybe four touch downs, had the ball in mid range of their own side of the field, it was probably the fourth quarter. A Texas runner moved just passed the line of scrimmage and one Utah defender was barely restraining him by mostly holding him back by pulling at the ball. Two other nearby Ute defenders who were slightly upfield, a step or two away, rather than assisting their team mate and smashing the Texas runner, just watched. One of them was Josh Nurse, I didn’t determine the other player in that fleeting moment. My wife spoke out loud somewhat in disbelief what I was thinking, WHY DID THEY JUST STAND THERE?!

1 Like

There were more than a few times when offensive linemen stood and watched while Huntley ran for his life and got ignominiously sacked.

2 Likes

Same here.

2 Likes

How about DHC taking his eyes off the ball he had not firmly taken control of, with no one around him? These are execution issues which showed up in spades the last 2.5 games. Why? Don’t know. But it certainly did not show well.

1 Like

Yeah. High school mistake.

When the score was 10 to nothing, somebody tweeted that if Texas scored again the Utah players would mail it in the rest of the way to avoid injury before the draft. Maybe he was right.

3 Likes

I saw something in the last two bowl games I never thought I’d see. This team flat quit. Down here in SA that is something that has been mentioned often. The staff needs to figure that out.

5 Likes

My totally speculative theory is that they got used to beating lesser teams up, and did not have enough experience in handling this type of ferocity from good teams who came to punch them in the mouth right away. One possibility is that this group simply has not “been there“ often enough to have a sense of who they are, like the blue blood programs do. Anyway, that’s a possibility. Still, there is no excuse for quitting. They have been playing football long enough to know better than that.