End of Season predictions 2020

Going into week 13 Utah is the only team that is right where I predicted them in wins
Oregon State has been the biggest surprise at +4
Washington is -4 where they were projected

Besides the three upsets (Colorado, California and Arizona State) California now pulls as a slight favorite going into the game vs UCLA next week. Might be a pickem at game time.

Pac12 North has really cannibalized themselves. 3x 4-5 teams and 2x 3-6 teams in conference. I think Oregon played a bit loose saving themselves for the P12CG and they got beat, destroying any chances at a playoff.

Next weeks early predictions:
@Utah -26 Colorado
Cal PKM @UCLA
@Arizona St -13.5 Arizona
@Washington -6.5 Washington State
@Oregon -21.5 Oregon State
Notre Dame -19.5 @Stanford

1 Like

Note: Utah is 7-0 ATS since the USC game.

Final results

Cal and Oregon State were the biggest winners.
Stanford and Washington were the biggest losers.
Utah and UCLA finished exactly where predicted.

+4 CALIFORNIA
+4 OREGON STATE
+3 COLORADO
+2 USC
+1 OREGON
+1 BYU
0 UTAH
0 UCLA
-1 UTAH STATE
-1 ARIZONA STATE
-1 ARIZONA
-3 WASHINGTON STATE
-4 STANFORD
-5 WASHINGTON

Let me know if this doesn’t make sense.
Below is how each game was predicted as the season progressed.
You can see the Washington game flipped week 9 to a Utah favorite.

Utah was 1 of 2 teams with a less than .500 opponent overall record before I added Oregon
This doesn’t help Utah’s case to get into the top 4, although, with Oregon on the schedule now Utah jumps to 78-78 opponents record and 7 bowl opponents

Utah’s 7 bowl opponents are BYU, USC, Washington St, ASU, Cal, Washington and Oregon

1 Like

Let’s play the hypothetical game.

What if Utah and Georgia switched schedules?
Of course, anything can happen but Utah goes 11-1 with Georgia’s schedule and Georgia goes 12-0
Utah losing to Auburn in Alabama.

One huge factor to note, Georgia only played 4 road games. Yes, Utah only played 5 but travel distance is also a factor. With their original schedule, Georgia only traveled 1704 miles, #1 lowest in all of college football. Utah on the other hand traveled 5018 miles, good for 47th least.

https://www.allmysportsteamssuck.com/2019/08/14/2019-ncaa-football-travel-how-far-every-fbs-team-will-go-this-year/

For good measure, Hawaii travelled 28,161 miles!

2 Likes

Same game with Oklahoma

Both teams go 12-0

3 Likes

Great numbers, Thrill. Thanks for all the work this season.

3 Likes