Easy eggnog recipe

We have a Christmas/new year‘s eggnog tradition in our family. There are many different ways of making eggnog, including cooked and non-cooked, and I have been experimenting for many years. I finally came up with this easy recipe. It is non-alcoholic, but it would be easy to adjust if that’s what you prefer. You’d just have to figure out how much additional liquid to add, and the impact that would have on the consistency of the final product.

EGGNOG

4 eggs
8 tbsp sugar
3.5 C heavy cream
1 C milk
2 tsp vanilla (or rum extract if desired)
2 dashes ground nutmeg

1. Blend only egg yolks with sugar until thick and lemon-colored.
  2. Separately, combine milk, cream and vanilla or rum extract. Add and stir in the egg whites.
  3. Blend mixture 1 (cream, milk, egg whites and vanilla/rum) with mixture 2 (egg yolks and sugar) gently by hand.
  4. Then blend further, using electric mixer, for 2 minutes at low to medium speed (you don’t want to make the egg whites stiffen).
  5. Add nutmeg and stir in by hand with just a few strokes.
  6. Chill at least 2 hours before serving.

Makes 8-10 servings.

Enjoy!

Easier egg nog recipe…

Go to the store and buy it already made.

I am kind of lazy that way. :wink:

1 Like

:face_vomiting:

Sorry to be a party pooper, But I feel the need to inform members of this board about the danger of consuming raw, un-pasteurized eggs.

See: Salmonella and Eggs | FoodSafety.gov

Can your recipe be changed to use pasteurized eggs? They can be purchase at Walmart or Target. You can also perform the pasteurization at home.

See: https://bakingbites.com/2011/03/how-to-pasteurize-eggs-at-home/

Happy Holiday!

2 Likes

This is why you add Bacardi 151 to the mix. It kills the nasty stuff, and a few brain cells, too. :joy:

4 Likes

I’ve been making and using eggnog like this for my whole life and so far I’ve survived. There are eggnog recipes that require cookIng and those night be better. But I might try pasteurized eggs sometime.

2 Likes
3 Likes