Doesn't affect our basketball team, but this could be interesting

I think this is dumb. They played the entire season and only missed a couple postseason games. Time to move on, seniors! Go live a life.

2 Likes

It could effect our team if there are key 5th year seniors on our opponents teams, for instance BYU, Oregon…

1 Like

Right. It could affect our team in regards to opponents strengths, but it wouldn’t affect the makeup of our roster.

I completely agree this is a silly idea. The ripple effect of doing this would be more problems for more people. Sorry, it happened; but life’s a ■■■■■. People everyday, in all walks of life, have the world change their plans for them in dramatic ways.

I do understand, the HUGE lose this is for seniors this year, and for a very small number of people, not being able to finish those NCAA championships, will be life altering. There will certainly be someone, who will play oversees rather than in the NBA, as a result of not having that one in a thousand opportunity to shine in front of the right scout on the right day in the NCAA tournament. But the economic toll from this pandemic will probably eventually result is a lot of layoffs in some economic sectors. What about the people effected by those?

Can’t fix everything for everyone.

2 Likes

Life goes on; and to quote John Thompson, “At some point, the games end and you have to move on to the next thing.”

Any kid who takes the NCAA up on this really needs to check themselves at the door. Just because the NCAA will let you play another year doesn’t mean it will benefit you to stay; and waiting to move to the next thing to stay may cost you that next thing. Then you get to scramble looking for something else.

I hope those kids weigh this “open door” carefully. I would hate to see them get screwed over by it - and it will happen.

1 Like

I think holding March Madness in July would be a better solution.

2 Likes