Dallas Maverick owner Mark Cuban

“You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.”—Malcolm S. Forbes.

I’ve read a little bit here and there about the philanthropic efforts of Mark Cuban. There was a time I didn’t care for the guy, but that has changed. He’s impressive. Maybe that’s easy when you’re a billionaire, but I think some of it is just about who you are.

I’m especially enamored with the assistance he’s given to Delonte West. Delonte was a Maverick player several years ago, but never really panned out for Dallas. He’s a substance abuser, and his substance of choice, is of all things EMBALMING FLUID (yikes). I don’t want to venture a thought about how you access that.

Delonte is never going to play in the NBA again (he’s 37), so there’s not an ulterior motive here. He’s a street kid, without much education. Cuban has been trying to help Delonte since 2016. Cuban finally contacted his mom, tracked him down. Put him in a hotel, stayed with him for several days until they could get him back with his mom and in a rehab clinic. This story probably wouldn’t have made news except a bystander snapped a picture of Cuban at a gas station when he found Delonte and sent it to TMZ.

There are numerous other stories of Cuban trying to make the world a better place by the things he’s doing out of the limelight. Good on him. We need more of that.

I’m glad billionaires get to the point where they realize it’s good to give. It doesn’t change my belief that a billionaire is wrong.

I think we’ve become desensitized to the word billion.

A thousand seconds is 0.1 days
A million seconds is 11.57 days
A billion seconds is 11,574 days or almost 32 YEARS.

It’s unnecessary and grotesque in my opinion.

1 Like

Mark Cuban did rankle Jazz fans a bit when we played the Mavs in the playoffs one time buying up a huge section of choice seats him and the workers he brought with him being quite boisterous but he has a good heart.

As billionaires go, he’s one of the good ones.

4 Likes

I can only imagine the dickbaggery I would engage in and later regret if I had a billion dollars.

2 Likes

I don’t have anywhere near a billions dollars and I’ve engaged in large amounts of dickbaggery in my life.

3 Likes