Craig Smith - Everybody's working for the weekend

If nothing else, this is a red hot take. Should wake up the board a bit.

1 Like

Gonna side with @Buhbye on this one. LK had 10 or so years to build consistency, but Smith only gets one?

Is the state of the MBB program ideal? Far from it, but with the lack of consistency from LK, what did you expect? What impressed me, from my reading of reports, was that the team didn’t quit on Smith. That seems to be a far cry from LK’s teams, where they seemed to quit on him. I hope that Smith can build on this facet of the program, the no quit and build consistency. Only time will tell.

We ALL get it, you don’t care for Smith, and that you love our Alma Mater. The passion is great to see, that’s part of being a fan, but you don’t have to be a dick to get your points across.

6 Likes

Well, let’s talk about next year. Who will be coming back? What recruits do we have coming in?

There are some who are paying a lot closer attention than I have. What are the prospects for next year?

1 Like

I can imagine Operaman, of course sitting in his underwear in his mom’s basement (that goes without saying), furiously hitting the reply button but getting no joy right now. That thought amuses me.

4 Likes

When the game started to slip away and Utah was down 15, I chose to make a Bill Walton/Grateful Dead joke and go to bed. That seems like it’s a healthier path.

1 Like

When someone resorts to name calling, they generally have nothing to say. Thanks for the validation.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Unless someone on this board is really Mark Harlen, this has to be one of the dumbest accusations ever thrown out in the history of UF.N.

1 Like

I’m not necessarily defending operaman but I do share some of his concerns with Smith.

I hope for the best and would love to see the Utes in the NCAA tournament in Smith’s 3rd year. I don’t want him to fail, I want him to succeed.

That said, I think there are some red flags that may indicate he’s not going to get it done. I hope I’m wrong, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the Utes are looking for a new coach in a few years.

1 Like

Does anyone have a list of the players coming in? Are there any?

Larry beat Oregon, you say? Yeah, twice in like 23 tries. Awesome example.

1 Like

Hope the portal comes thru…

Sorry, that was meant as a reply to the long-paragraph poster.

1 Like

I don’t recall mentioning Oregon anywhere, but sure. If you’re referring to Operaman, I had a hard time following his wall of text.

This year played out pretty much like expected. Yes, we need a serious move in recruiting and the Portal to see improvement. That said, I believe the Portal will have more of an effect than bringing in a bunch of high school players, that to be quite blunt have tended to be pretty hit and miss. The COVID knuckleball on eligibility also has some issues too.

LK had 10 seasons to develop a program and really didn’t. He did parlay together several teams on the scramble, but really we saw little to no consistency around the program.

We all need to remember it took UCLA a while to get back into the inner rings of the radar in the wake of a HOF coach leaving (retiring). Hopefully next season will be better.

4 Likes

It was the constant exodus of players that made up my mind.

7 Likes

Or else what? You’re going to throw another temper tantrum on the internet?

Nothing like keyboard warrior threats!

10 Likes

Or else we’re gonna have another crappy record, dammit!

7 Likes

That’s who I meant to reply to. Sorry. Larry was like 2-750 against Altman. Or so it felt.

3 Likes

Also this years team is better than their record since we had an injury, illness, appendectomy littered season beyond what is normal this year.

2 Likes