COVID-19 Discussion (No Politics)

Had the same thing a few months ago. I was positive (but not horribly sick) and my wife tested negative. I’m think she must be a witch.

6 Likes

She says it’s because I have “impure thoughts…”

10 Likes

You’re a Ute fan, that’s kind of a given.

7 Likes

My favorite response to those general kinds of accusations:

“So, what’s your point?”

6 Likes

My response to things like this is “…and???”

3 Likes

Don’t believe I ever got COVID…yet; but definitely got a case of the flu about 5 days after getting the shot. Took a couple of days to shake, but I am back to normal.

I get the Omicron shot next week.

1 Like

And yet I only had it once, and it was mild.

So much for your impure thoughts theory.

5 Likes

…and??? :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

It sure is nice to blame forgetfulness on covid (even if it’s not). ‘Hey … you … sorry, your name will come to me but, you know, covid!’ ‘Sorry wifey, I forgot but, you know, brain fog is a real thing!’

3 Likes

Let’s be honest about this. You are simply living right on and off the board, and magic has happened. I, however, did get a mild case of Covid, meaning that I have been mildly off the “right” path and have benefited only mildly from the magic that happens.

4 Likes

This…explains a lot about why COVID floored me.

4 Likes

This thread is wandering into cougarboard territory :grinning:

1 Like

Slightly tangential, but it does take into account the surge in mood and mental health disorders during COVID.

I was notified that an attendee in the small conference I joined last week had tested positive. I proactively got the booster 10 days before and didn’t feel any symptoms but for my wife’s sake took the home test. Negative.

My 44 year streak of never putting a Q-tip up my nose has been broken. Sad!

4 Likes

We’ll see how this pans out but it is interesting. :banana:

2 Likes

WOW! That’s amazing!

<cue the mad rush for bananas at the store, while ivermectin supplies mysteriously go unsold>

3 Likes

OK, in addition to vaccination, everybody get plenty of sunshine (using sunscreen) and dive into that salmon, sardines, cod liver oil and canned tuna.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-022-24053-4

1 Like
1 Like

VA is busy with the creeping crud (flu) right now. Got a generic email from them to remind me to get the pneumonia vaccine since I am over 50 and have certain chronic conditions.

I got my pneumonia series in 2019. As I have had more than a few friends get the flu and have it morph into a case of pneumonia - the kind you never really get over; if you have gotten vaccinated for pneumonia, please go get it. The vaccine didn’t exist when my friends got it, and they were healthy. Most ended up dying within 10 years due to complications caused by the case of pneumonia.

Thanks

4 Likes

Got pneumonia about 8 years ago. I’m healthy but still took a few years to get 100 percent, or close to it. So, I would second your recommendation for pneumonia vaccine, and might I also add a strong recommendation to get your shingles vaccine as well.

2 Likes