Cougarboard has their message board background as Ty Jordan

Sad day

That is some surprisingly good news. Nice to see that they can be decent people.

2 Likes

I expect that we would do the same if it were one of theirs. Some things transcend rivalries.

2 Likes

I don’t know exactly why, as I never even met the kid, but this hurts. Maybe it’s because he was the brightest spot on a team that seemed like it was going to be a force next season. Or maybe it’s because I actually looked forward to watching Utah play, but him specifically. He was just so electric. This was a tough year for a lot of people, but Jordan and the Utes gave us an escape, and I’m grateful for that.

Good on BYU. The past ten years have been tough on them, and maybe past wrongs have been balanced somewhat. Or, maybe I just don’t have enough hate left in me to care anymore. Either way, this kind of tragedy puts things in perspective, and after how horrendous 2020 has been the last thing we need is more bitter division. I’m not saying I’ll be rooting for them, but I can’t picture myself tuning in just to watch them lose anymore either. Please don’t save this, Turk, just to rub it in my face when they’re screaming “we want Bama” after beating whatever Big Sky opponent they wax next season.

2 Likes

Actually, I don’t really care about them anymore. I only watched pieces of their games (Coastal and maybe one other). There were some games that I didn’t even know that they played until after the fact and saw it in the newspaper. Same with basketball. They are irrelevant to me.

1 Like

If only it was a Rivalry. Can’t be when one team was forced to play the other team by the State Legislature it’s not a Rivalry.

I think beyond his on field ability, he seemed like a genuine likeable kid.

2 Likes

On one of his long TD runs Covey celebrated, jumping all over Ty. Ty quickly calmed him down, he wanted the team to stay focused, wasn’t ready to celebrate. Ty Jordan was a perfect fit for our football program, he would have already been the leader of the offense next season. Ty was too good to be true.

1 Like

Good on CB for a class move.

Some things transcend sports, and brings even bitter foes together. I wish this wasn’t the case in this instance, but a tip of the hat to the Cougs for a classy move.

I agree completely with the idea that for next year’s opener have both teams open their first play from scrimmage with a fake handoff to a non-existent RB, and then throw it through their own endzone for a safety.

2-2

RIP Ty, at least you’re with your mom.

2 Likes

I keep seeing this suggested but my first thought is the team would be causing self inflicted harm by conceding 2 points. Even if the other team reciprocated it would just be both teams causing self inflicted harm. Given the circumstances of his death it seems like an inappropriate way to honor Ty.

I would suggest we come out with 10 players in an empty backfield formation or maybe a black 22 patch or helmet decal.

1 Like

Line up with 11 players and take the 5 yd penalty for illegal procedure. The other coach typically declines the penalty. Then they play the game.