Couch Potato or Fitness Model

Pretty sure you just called me old. :joy:

3 Likes

Nothing a fake ID canā€™t change

2 Likes

If I knew how to play racquetball, Iā€™d challenge you to a duel. Or is it a match? You can be Bobby Riggs.

3 Likes

Glad you are okay I have been alcohol free all my life. Feel 56 feet tore the aorta going into my heart. Doctor told me that I should be drinking a glass of red wine everyday to repair the artery walls.
My fiancee has taught me what wines are good

1 Like

Iā€™m so glad youā€™re OK from your fall! And Iā€™m even more glad you have such a chore as drinking a glass of wine per day for repair work. I envy you being able to enjoy the good stuff. When paired with a fantastic meal and good company, your evening can be pretty alright :slightly_smiling_face:

Please tip your glass for me.

2 Likes

Canā€™t give this enough stars!!!

A few years ago, around the age of 60, my body changed, my genetics caught up, my cholesterol went way up, and before I knew I had a coronary calcium score bad enough to worry about. All of these are the reasons I have become obsessive about weight, diet, and exercise. The changes I made were drastic enough that my coronary calcium score has actually gone down (something my doctor told me was impossible).

The only dairy I eat is a small serving of non-fat yogurt, most mornings, a small amount of cheese on my home made Mexican-food meals, and some shaved parmesan on an arugula salad occasionally.

I used to eat cheese all the time, on everything, even just for snacks - I think I miss it more than all the other dietary restrictions put together.

cheese

5 Likes

That just made me cry a little. Is there anything in your changed diet that has more than made up for the crime against humanity of restricted cheese? The arugula salad might just do it for me.

2 Likes

Actually, Iā€™m surprised at the habit that has become my diet. Iā€™ve been doing it for so long that now most of the time, Iā€™m actually quite satisfied, and donā€™t really miss too much (cheese being the biggest exception).

I have family in town right now and we are eating out a lot. I usually find that I can come up with a menu selection that isnā€™t too far from my normal meals, and as I watch everyone else order something more like the old me would have chosen, I find that I just donā€™t seem to miss it any more.

It has taken me a while to get to this point, but now that Iā€™m here, there is no reason feel badly for me, I donā€™t :slight_smile:

2 Likes

One of the parting gifts I got from the Las Vegas bowl was Covid. My first bought with that annoying thing. Iā€™m still a little congested from this stupid thing. I feel like Iā€™ll be starting from scratch again with an exercise routine this year.

Can I blame Ludwig?

3 Likes

I hear itā€™s been done by many with varying levels of success.

5 Likes

I left the gym hungry today, and thereā€™s a Chik-fil-A & a Wendyā€™s in the same strip mall. The smells are such a kryptonite. Just one cup of mac n cheese. MMMMMMM. Just a junior bacon cheeseburger. Just one.

Driving past the liquor store is not hard. Remembering my neurologistā€™s sternly worded lecture about one more drink killing me really resonates. But food, come on! We all need to eat. Reading how so many of you have successfully changed your diets is remarkable. Changing your diet is hard work. It takes meticulous planning and execution. Sometimes Iā€™m jealous of my doggies as theyā€™re so excited to have the same thing every day. We humans are a fussy lot.

I apologize for bringing up my drinking so frequently, but itā€™s the longest relationship Iā€™ve ever had, besides family and my UofU fandom Itā€™s part of who I am. Just because I no longer partake doesnā€™t change the fact itā€™s still part of my wiring. Also, if I talk about it, maybe someone will have the courage to look within themselves and make a change or two. I will never judge those of you who do drink. In fact, Iā€™m jealous as hell. For me, one is too many and 30 is not enough. That will never change.

But about that junior bacon cheeseburgerā€¦

7 Likes

Getting some of my endocrine system fried by sepsis kinda put alcohol in the no zone. If I do drink it, I will likely end up with an interaction with my new meds that would screw me up for a week.

On a positive, most of my drinking was 1-2 beers at a tailgate and only during football season so dropping it hasnā€™t been hard to do. The negative was given the way some of the games wentā€¦

3 Likes

I typically only drink once or twice a year. Mrs SkinyUte doesnā€™t approve, so I just donā€™t bring alcohol in the house. Which is probably a very good thing for my overall heath, tbh.

One of those times is when my buddy and I do our annual heavy metal cruise, which is coming up in a week and a half. Between cruise food and pina coladas, thatā€™s gonna be just a massive calorie bomb. Thankfully itā€™s only for a few days and I can try to get back to normal afterwards.

3 Likes

Gin & Tonic with extra lime to prevent scurvy? LOL!

5 Likes

Two or three and youā€™ll be protected against malaria.

2 Likes

May be an image of text that says 'I wanted to go on diet, but| feel like I have way too much on my plate right now. Hickman's Fat Boy Barbequ BBQPitLife.com'

6 Likes

Iā€™m very much getting into running right now and am scoping out some new shoes. My first goal this year is to run a 5k. Iā€™m using an app to train and itā€™s going very well. Excited to have this new hobby.

3 Likes

You have to post a pic of your new shoes! What a nice treat to yourself.

2 Likes

Brooks were always my favorite. With Saucony Kinvaraā€™s a close second.

Sadly, Iā€™ve had to give up running due to back issues. So itā€™s bikes, rowing machines, and walking/hiking for me now. And some medium weight training in the gym at work.

4 Likes

Saucony Ride is my favorite. Iā€™m on my fifth pair now, and you can usually get the previous yearā€™s version for pretty cheap.

1 Like