Caleb Lohner's Switch from utah

I’ve been following the basketball conversations on this site for the last couple months and I keep seeing Caleb Lohner’s his name come up. You guys seem to think that there was something nefarious that took place to get Caleb to switch from Utah to BYU (maybe there was maybe there wasn’t I’m not here to argue that point). I’ve gleaned that you think BYU hired his dad. I’m pretty sure his parents still live in Texas and I’m curious as to what your thoughts are and where this rumor has come from.

My understanding is that his old man was hired to a company owned by a big byu-p supporter, thus allowing byu-p to appear clean. Doesn’t mean you have to move to Provo.

And I think you mean “from” Utah.

2 Likes

You’re right. I meant “from”

This makes much more sense to me. I can’t imagine the Board of Trustees allowing the University to do something like that.

1 Like

I can’t imagine anyone (in this situation) asking the board of trustees for permission…

3 Likes

What I am saying is the Board of Trustees would have an issue with the university itself offering a job to somebody in exchange for a recruit.

As for what you guys are suggesting took place, that’s correct, the Board of Trustees would not care one way or the other if a private individual offered a job to somebody.

I know for a fact that kids do walk away from their National letter-of-intent and go to other schools on their own accord. Whether Mark Pope was in contact with him or not, I’m pretty sure none of us know. My son went through the recruiting process a couple years ago as a basketball recruit and he watched two of his would-be teammates walk away from their letter of intent & sign with another school.

It happens. I’m not saying it’s right but it does happen. Kids are looking for the best situation for themselves as possible.

It looks like you’re going to try and pull me down a rabbit hole and regress this conversation into personal attacks. I am comfortable in suggesting that the university and the athletic department are doing what they can to do the right thing.

Yesterday in 1789 George Washington is inaugurated as the first President of the United States of America

2 Likes

:joy: Thanks for the good conversation. I look forward to talking to you guys more in the future.

That makes one of you.

3 Likes