Cal, Stanford and SMU invited to ACC

I am excited to see where Oregon State and Washington State find homes.

My money is on the NFC West.

1 Like

The CFL

1 Like

The XFL

When I saw this (expected) news I thought, “Oh, well, it would’ve been cool to have them in the Big 18.” Then I said to myself, “But who knows where they or anyone else will be in 5 years? We could easily be in the same conference again someday, somewhere in the Wild West of college football.”

Interesting times.

5 Likes

From sea to shining sea

Good Lord ACC. Let them ease into conference play.

Updated ACC 2024 schedule:

Clemson: at Cal, at Stanford, at SMU
FSU: at Cal, at Stanford, at SMU
UNC: at Cal, at Stanford, at SMU

1 Like

ACC - All Coast Conference.

College football has lost its damn mind.

6 Likes

I’m going to keep pointing it out. The SEC map used to seem insane with adding Austin and Norman but now it’s the most regional conference.

5 Likes

And all the other student athletes are paying for it. Imagine traveling 3,000+ miles for a volleyball match.

4 Likes

Assuming Clemson and FSU are still around

1 Like

Considering the lack of charter jets used for most of the olympic sports, I think pressure will build to disconnect the non-revenue sports from the FB / BB conference affiliations and create regionalized conferences.

Otherwise, like we saw with the reaction when UCLA announced their departure, Olympic sport athletes are going to bail on the west coast powers.

Add a few missed connections because of weather and this gets absurd, very quickly.

7 Likes

I don’t think those three are bolting before 2025. 2024 still allows a conference champ preference for playoff.

2 Likes

I think you’re absolutely right. In my experience those athletes are the ones who actually see their scholarship as a means of getting an education. They’ll look at NIL and the travel demands rationally.

3 Likes