Cal game thread

Thammel reporting Barnes with the start. Newman saying Barnes took 1st team reps. Saying Barnes best for anemic pass game and Nate for change of pace.

I get it, but don’t like it. Let Nate throw, but with our RB situation, might need Nate more for the running game and have someone else take some of the qb reps. Ugh. Should win Cal game, but the carousel is frustrating

Hopefully we get the win, and eventually bowl eligible. This is going to be a rough year, I’ve decided after all of the injuries.

Should be a close game. Hopefully the offense can score and keep grinding the clock enough to keep the defense fresh.

Glad to see Bryson back. That cheap shot he took was brutal. Hope he has a great game.

Sounds bad, but I believe next season Nate would make a fine X receiver. The kid’s speed and quicks will get him open, then it’s just getting him the ball.

1 Like

What happened to Rose? Wasn’t he listed as QB2 at some point?

I know he got injured, but is he that far behind now to not even get a look?

1 Like

Is anyone left at running back? Is Jackson playing? Might see Randle, the freshman, today.

1. yes he is behind

2. they want to try and get him a medical redshirt.

2 Likes

Jackson is expected to play.

2 Likes

That would have been a TD if Barnes can connect.

Sigh…

2 Likes

That sucked.

1 Like

Exact same thing almost happened on Cal’s first drive too, QB just barely missed him.

3 Likes

Ugh…

Might be one of those days

1 Like

We have seen more missed tackles so far than we have had for the last 4 games combined.

Need to clean it up ASAP.

1 Like

Nice drive here so far. All on th ground, or course, but it’s hopefully something to build on.

Our WRs can simply never get open.

1 Like

Better drive here!

2 Likes

I like Mikey Matthews and he has done some nice things at receiver. But he has done nothing as our punt returner. He can never seem to get the first guy to miss.

2 Likes

Does Matthew a lever run down field? Seems like he always runs back and forth losing yards. He has speed but sometimes getting 5 yards consistently is way better than juking and sweeping back and forth.

Interesting that we haven’t seen Glover yet.

1 Like

He has been in on a couple of plays. But I haven’t seen him get the ball yet.

2 Likes