Cafe Rio is alright but not good enough to spend

RIck Bayless >> Skip Bayless

3 Likes

Red Iguana was a favorite stop for guys that used to come in from out of town. Those from New Mexico and San Antonio said they liked it better than what they could get at home.

3 Likes

I spent three years in Texas and was never that impressed. A lot of the stuff is street tacos and that’s not my cup of tea.

Cafe Rio is excellent authentic Mexican cuisine.

2 Likes

With lots of authentic Mexican brown sugar in all pork dishes.

2 Likes

because it is close to my house, has a Drive through , and I didn’t feel like going 12 blocks out of my way to get Tres Hombres or Ref Iguana I won’t go to the Panda Express in sugar house anymore
Crown burger isn’t too far out of my way but for what they charge now I’d just as soon go Lucky 13 or Barbary Coast
Last night I just wanted a decent quick meal that wasn’t Wendy’s Carl’s Jr. Arby’s etc

1 Like

Cafe Rio is not worth waiting 3 minutes for.
Enjoy the diarrhea

Seriously? You can order diarrhea in the drive through? And it will be ready in under three minutes?

5 Likes

Cafe Rio is the PF Chang’s of mexican food.

3 Likes

have never had that happen. Co worker did. But yeah I’m putting good food over fast and easy going forward

It’s good enough for Ricky Bobby so it’s good enough for me.

1 Like

I always make sure to head to Del Taco for my authentic mexican food fix. Best chili cheese fries in the valley! Man, I’m starving after reading this thread.

2 Likes

Chuck-a-Rama first.

1 Like

Bunch of food snobs. You all probably don’t even like Hires.

3 Likes

Hires used to be good but the quality seems to have declined in recent years.

You joke, but Applebee’s is one of few sit-down options in our little town. It make me pine for some authentic Italian food, like Olive Garden.

3 Likes

I consider this a sacrilegious statement. Probably un-American too, and perhaps blasphemous.

2 Likes

La Frontera has the Best Chile Verde in SLC now that Don Antonios went out of business, as for everything else there it is good enough and covered with 4 lbs of cheese so it’ll do :joy: when im in SLC and want good Mexican I’ll hit the Red Iguana

1 Like

Been too long since I had a smothered burrito platter at La Frontera.

Great stuff

2 Likes

The La Fronteria out our way had to close after numerous health code violations. The problem with that restaurant is a number of versions cropped up, run by family members who really had no clue how to run a restaurant, so quality was spotty.

1 Like