bRUINS Game Thread

A place to comment during today’s game.

The Banners are up…the lunch is cooking…time for breakfast.

Gameday is here.

GO UTES!!!

I’ll be in the great data void of RES, so I won’t be posting here. The rest of you, BEHAVE!

4 Likes

I hope to post more shots from top of west bowl. You WILL be called out for wrong color shirts!! :grin:

4 Likes

Unexpected situation, next man up… but the next man has the most recent experience. I can deal with it.

For two freshmen QBs, a hostile environment favors the home rookie, who gets the benefit of his team and crowd bringing energy that’s harder to manufacture on the road.

This game is 55/45 on the D, so Morgan really needs to get pressure on and confuse the 5 star from Detroit. If they try to get our D off balance and wear us out… we happen to be pretty deep, so word of the day for the D is relentless.

We’ve seen UF’s cerebral QB with an arm (who beat Tennessee) and we’ve seen Baylor’s Texas Gatorade POY who has a lot of talent. Welcome to Sake Lake City, Mr. Moore.

On offense, Nate has to be an X factor, not a ESPN Top 10 guy. The 10-deep OL knows today’s the day to clean up everything and be excellent. JJ, Glover, Money & Mikey need to find ways to move the sticks on the ground, and the receivers know it’s their time to show up.

Turnovers, ball security, big plays, time for Nate to rip off a long one, play field position with Bouwmeisteer.

THIS IS OUR HOUSE!

By whatever means necessary… We’re ranked higher, but are feeling backed in a corner. I like our chances.

9 Likes

Talk about weather contrasts –

last week we were all sweltering in our popups. awnings, etc, [air temp was in mid to high 80s but felt worse] and the direct sunlight was viciously brutal (up on the south end of the bowl especially… my neck was quite literally burning).
Today however it is expected to peak at 70degrees by end of game time, air temp. Direct sunlight might prove to be a boon this time.

I’ll be taking a windbreaker with me just in case of any real breeze over top of stadium.

5 Likes

Last week seeing Nick Allioti turn into a lobster on the post game show was actually some good comedy.

Ashley Adamson remembered her sunscreen…

Sly remembered his sunscreen…

Sea level Nick…meh. :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

ESPN 700 just confirmed no Cam today. Bummer…

Next man up! Go get 'em Nate!

2 Likes

I’ve got confidence in Nate. No question. Even more confidence in the mad scientist Scalley.

Go Utes! Talk to you mutants on the other side.

3 Likes

Rode my bike to the tailgate today. Look what fits perfectly in the bottle cages! :grinning:

10 Likes

But also;
https://x.com/gavincarlsondb/status/1705644622335320274?s=46&t=uVJSfJx5SZFU4gJqFfMgxg

1 Like

Well, what else would you put there?

Something disgusting like…water???

a416a5be-5fd3-4cab-92c5-89c796d8b91b_text

2 Likes

Here’s hoping Cam gets in there for at least a few series.

1 Like

I listened to a Bill Riley podcast this morning. He said that after Utah shut down Jared Goff a few years ago, Goff found Scalley on the field after the game ended and asked him what defense Utah had run, because Goff knew he’d been stymied. Scalley answered that it was just a cover 2, but the Utes had simply disguised it. Interesting!

6 Likes

lets go Nate, time to ratchet up your level of play

3 Likes

LOL that works

2 Likes

Wow

Looks like the Utes came ready to play!

2 Likes

A pick-6 on the very first play followed by a punch in the mouth in the bRuins’ very next series. Awesome.

2 Likes

Just play solid ball. Don’t get over our skis.

Is Joey Cheek our regular kicker?

1 Like