Bronco breaks the streak and wins the Coastal

I didn’t think his hiring at UVA was a good choice but he’s going to the conference championship and broke a 15 year losing streak.

It was kind of odd and kind of fun seeing Bronco running around on the sideline, smiling, laughing and even near crying hugging Bryce Perkins.

He has been so lifelike since he made the move to Virginia.

8 Likes

That game was wild. Great win for UVA. Bryce Perkins may be the best QB Bronco has ever coached, and that UVA Defense came through BIG TIME down to the wire.

4 Likes

I’m actually pretty happy for Bronco. Does anyone else feel the same way?

I’m glad he realized there was nothing left for him at BYU.

8 Likes

Same. Good for him! He’s still a full-tilt weirdo, but he was never a bad guy.

6 Likes

Here’s the crazy thing. There’s now a pretty good chance that UVa (and Bronco) will be in the Orange Bowl now.

4 Likes

I wonder if you can understand what he is saying now, without a Donko to English dictionary?

2 Likes

I’ve always wondered if the weirdness was because of the act he felt he had to put on at BYU.

7 Likes

Bronco plays Clemson in ACC championship and what looks like Alabama in Citrus bowl. Then they start 2020 season against Georgia in the Chick Fil-A kickoff in Atlanta. Ouch.

1 Like

Guaranteed. What makes it obvious is that he no longer does that Lavell Edwards bitter beer face on the sideline anymore.

1 Like

This interview says a lot about what kind of person Bronco is, IMO. Skip to 10:43. I disliked him quite a bit when he coached at BYU, but could never deny that he was a great coach. That’s all in the past now, and I’m starting to really respect the man.

2 Likes

I’ve been rooting for him ever since the left the Zoo.

Agree with Rocker. The best that I can think of him is “meh”.

You will probably like him more if he beats Clemson and catapults us into Atlanta.

4 Likes

That would be glorious. So, so amazing.

2 Likes

With a 29 point spread in a conference championship game, it would also become the most memorable upset in college football history.

2 Likes

Clemson will destroy UVA.

I don’t doubt it. But if there was ever a time for Roscoe to make some real magic happen, now is the time.

2 Likes

I hear you. To be clear, he was the most ungracious BYU head coach in my lifetime. Horribly so, and sanctimonious in both victory and defeat. I’m just impressed at how much he seems to have changed since leaving BYU. You’re right — Kalani has not allowed the BYU fan environment to change him in the same way it seemed to change Bronco.

3 Likes

and apparently he lived in a van down by the river (okay an RV)