Bring on the Trojans!

OK, we must accept the reality that Cam will now redshirt. Kuithe probably also.

4 Likes

Ugh. Cold water thrown on this Trojan-killing party.

3 Likes

Love this summary from ESPN

Blockquote THE TAKEAWAY

Utah: Few West Coast programs can measure up to the Utes’ tenacity and consistency over the past two decades, and coach Kyle Whittingham’s dominance of Riley’s rebuilding project underlines these programs’ current states. Utah does more with less than just about any elite program, and a third straight Pac-12 title is still in play.

USC: The Trojans’ season has fallen apart with back-to-back losses, but hints of their downfall were obvious in poor defensive performances earlier in the year. The late comeback aside, USC’s inability to stop a well-coached Utah team with a third-string quarterback and a safety playing tailback says all that needs to be said about the quality of coordinator Alex Grinch’s defense.

16 Likes

That’s a crap shoot.

There’s zero guarantee either guy ever suits up for Utah again.

5 Likes

Good point. I guess I should amend my post to say that a redshirt for each of them is the most we can hope for.

5 Likes

ghostofOCGreg

Oct 9

You shouldn’t go.

FTFO!

Glad y’all represented all of us @DataUte. Too bad USC displaed poor sportsmanship on almost every level.
Go UTES!!

8 Likes

So, Southern Cal went for 2 twice, didn’t convert either time, and lost by two. Gotta love that.

(I’m not looking to get into an argument about what the “book” says, just making an observation)

7 Likes

So you know why I have this pic? Because they never put the final score up. Went blank. Classy

Lighting the torch was cool

My son is now 4-0 in games he’s attended including 2021 CCG. I’m 13-5 in games attended post-graduation (almost all away games).

This game was a blast win or lose, but epic with the final downs and ups. So much fun. Stadium was fine. Most fans fine (a few douches when they went up for the 1st time).

10 Likes

So…we’re starting a GoFundMe for @DataUte son to attend all the remaining games, right?

11 Likes

USC did not make any players available to the media. Only Lincoln Riley was available.

This is the program the TV networks want to push? Good luck.

14 Likes

Espn trying to beleive USC won

11 Likes

LOL, coward. https://twitter.com/Ryan_Kartje/status/1715941674252390728

12 Likes

Meanwhile Bryson was a class act on national TV. Praise for everyone but himself. God I love the way Utes personify fellowship, sportsmanship and grace.

21 Likes

Hard to decide who to hate on more; USC, BYU or ESPN. I’ll just make it a trifecta

12 Likes

Yet another reason I wanted this win more than any others. I sure ain’t gonna miss these guys.

And I’m so happy that we beat both of the initial defectors.

15 Likes

Micah Bernard tweet:

18 Likes

I could see USC imploding after this loss. They could drop out of the top 25. Riley is rumored to be posturimg for an NFL job already. They play at Cal next week and finish with Oregon, Washington and UCLA. They could finish losing their final 6 or maybe 1-5/2-4.

7 Likes

This ended up helping us!!

5 Likes

So when U$C implodes their season and gets shelled in a bowl game, do you think the B1G is going to wish they had offered them a lesser share?

5 Likes

Just got home from the game. One of the most satisfying wins I’ve ever experienced. USC fans around us were cordial and congratulatory.
Fans in the parking lot were less cordial. It was nice to be safely in the car and heading home on the 405.
I’ll relish this one for a very long time. I’ll miss my trips to the Coliseum and Rose Bowl every other year.

11 Likes