Brewer, we hardly knew ye

FWIW, benching Olaseni and moving some guys around seemed to clean up the worst problems toward the end of the SDSU game.

Potential never blocked anyone.

SDSU cut way down on the pressure and went into a ā€˜preventā€™ defense in the 4th quarter. This raises the question if the improved OL play was caused by personnel changes, or the change in SDSUā€™s defense.

I am hopeful itā€™s the former. We shall see.

Itā€™s always a mixture. ā€œThe enemy has a voteā€.

Footballā€™s an emotional game. Our body language during and after BYU was abysmal. We chalked it up to becoming complacent during the long streakā€¦ but our players were in grade school the last time BYU beat us. It was something different.

Based on the immediate lift that was apparent - and Weddle saying a QB can absolutely impact the whole team - I think much of the difference was chemistry, but SDSU was in ease up & celebrate mode, no question.

They were in control, had a big win all but notched upā€¦ didnā€™t notice the big chemistry difference on our sideline.

I donā€™t blame Brewer one bit for the decision. If he stays he may never play again. If he leaves he can transfer and play another year. He was a 5th year senior who Utah brought in hoping he could help them for a year. Expecting him to show loyalty to the program or to just voluntarily throw away a year of eligibility is just a silly, unrealistic and frankly unfair expectation.

1 Like