Bravo U of U

There could be some conflict issues with such a clinic. It could be hard to have such a clinic without the hospital being brought into disputes. Otherwise, a great idea.

The U is developing a large area, there will be parts of the area that are not hospital from what I understand, which is where the other stuff would be.

The new vision for healthcare companies in Utah is including things other than healthcare on the campus. IHC is taking the same approach with their new hospital downtown.

The one they’re building in Ephraim is in the middle of a huge planned mixed-use development. I’m sure lots of non-healthcare things will be going on at the hospital campus.

1 Like

Those two things don’t compute in my tiny brain. What’s happening in Ephraim?

2 Likes

According to Google:

With Snow College already growing, an LDS temple beginning construction, this hospital going in, and the housing development under way, Ephraim’s going to grow. It’s already the business center of Sanpete County. I hope they have the water to accommodate all of this.

2 Likes

I could easily see a battle coming between alfalfa farmers and the urban areas over water. I’m not sure there is enough water to serve both the traditional way of growing alfalfa and increased population growth in the county. :person_shrugging:

5 Likes

I’m not sure whether this makes a difference, but it seems to me that the irrigation water system is separate from the culinary water system. I’ll ask someone.

1 Like

they love to fight over water shares down there

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/Crq7E0Nv5G9/

Watched this last night. Can recommend it as a family activity tonight. Never really seen anything like it. Basically, the Park Building is used as a screen to celebrate the end of a 10 year $3 billion fund raising campaign. Starts at 7 but the show won’t begin until it gets dark.

5 Likes

Congratulations are in order this week to the newest graduates of our Utah Utes family. Commencement on Thursday & Convocations throughout the week. Tim Shriver will be the commencement speaker this year.

Commencement Speaker - Commencement Ceremonies - The University of Utah

3 Likes

Indeed. Coming into town on Wed for my nephew who spent his 1st year at Utah State then transferred down and finished his business degree in 2 more, had a great internship last summer thay led to job offer starting soon.

3 Likes

It was a cool presentation. I was struck by the comment from President Randall that the goal is to become a top 10 public university in the country. I told him I admire his ambition. His reply was “now we’re going to do it.” Given his track record with the Business School I’m certain that this is coming in the next bunch of years. President Randall is the perfect choice to lead the university at this time.

7 Likes

I hadn’t heard of the U’s Impact Scholar program. What’s reported here makes me feel proud. (Credit to Uncle Google for taking me here.)

1 Like

I’m browsing thru old threads and realized I havent heard anything about a new U Hopsital project, west valley or whatever. Does anyone know of a news source where this was announced? Thanks

1 Like

I hope it is as loaded as IMC is. My FIL spent Labor Day weekend there getting his Mitral Valve replaced, again. Had the original procedure about 15 years ago due to having had rheumatic fever as a child. This time they were able to use microsurgery to replace it - no open heart procedure. He went in on Friday for the surgery and went home Sunday - and drove my daughter nuts while the kid was trying to clean up their house on last Friday. He was following her around the house while she cleaned.

Not bad for an octogenarian.

1 Like

https://westvalley.utah.edu/health

This is simply awesome.

The Wall Street Journal came out with its list of best colleges in the country this week and we were ranked No. :eight: among public universities, and No. 43 overall.

The methodology for the rankings was based on student outcomes (70%), learning environment (20%) & diversity (10%)

8 Likes

Much better than other rankings that are self-reported or peer-reviews/pressure with metrics that don’t really make the most sense (i.e. US News)

3 Likes

I’m sure this is because Utah has been in the Pac 12.

4 Likes

I beg to differ, in my opinion the U is #1, or as I sometimes unabashedly describe to others, The greatest ski college in the known universe.

I live on the Central Coast of California, sometimes a person will announce that they or their child are going to college at say, UC Davis, because of “the good skiing it affords”. I’ll reel them in for a few moments, humor them, and then drop the dead pan response, I went to the University of Utah, the school offered P.E. classes at Alta ski area, where I happened to have a season pass.

2 Likes