Bob Saget Found Dead in hotel

Ugh. Such a funny comedian and great actor. Just sad.
Editing because no drugs or foul play. Just sad. We had mutual friends and I only heard good things about him. A truly nice guy:

He was 65. Not too young for it to have been a medical issue.

I remember being a kid and thinking any time lived after 60 was bonus time. That’s changed quite a bit with medical advances. But there are still a lot of heart attacks, stokes, etc. felling people younger.

1 Like

Seems like a good time to share this. NSFW, so heads up.

If you don’t know them personally, is it odd to mourn an entertainer’s death?

When somebody entertains you, they are giving you something, in return you give them your adoration. In its own way, this is a relationship and you’ve lost that.

It’s not that odd when you think about it.

RIP Bob Saget.

Not at all. I still mourn Pac, Prince, Philip Seymour Hoffman, George Michael, Amy Winehouse, and Bowie. The death of the young who contribute to the culture is worth mourning.

1 Like

It’s rare, but some celebrity deaths hit really hard.

Bowie was the big one for me. Ever since I was able to form the thought “I like this music”, he was a huge part of it. Losing him - especially the way we did (no one even knew he was sick and he had just released an amazing new album) - absolutely crushed me.

That one still hurts.

4 Likes

“The day the music died”: December 8, 1980. John Lennon

Announced during Monday Night Football by Howard Cosell.

I still can’t believe it.

1 Like

I too was among the millions who were watching MNF when Howard Cosell delivered the stunning news.

2 days later, the Utah Daily Chronicle had an entire issue dedicated to John.

But for those musicians we’ve lost, their music will live on forever.

Chris Cornell is the toughest loss for me. Way too young and tragic. So freaking talented. Also sad that we lost Bowie and Tom Petty in recent years.

3 Likes

The last time I saw Bob Saget was in Judd Apatows doc on Garry Shandling, where he talked about how his friendship with Garry Shandling ended. You could feel his pain.

1 Like