Best restaurants in SLC?

Lots and lots of great Thai in SLC. My two favorites are Chanon Thai and Skewered Thai, with the latter being the best I’ve had here.

There’s a good one in West Jordan called New Thai Cafe

Anyone here like Sushi? I have been to Yellow Fin, Naked Fish (closed), Blue Fish in So. Jordan and Fat Fish in WVC. Still have yet to go to Takashi. Have been to a few sushi burrito places.

Japanese is probably my favorite kind of food.

1 Like

Red Basil in West Jordan and Mano Thai on 33rd are also good for Thai.

Antica Sicilia is very good for Italian.

Asian Star is similar to David’s Kitchen for Chinese, Chin Wah is pretty good too.

1 Like

I love threads like this. I always find new places to try. Thanks for sharing.

I personally love Mexican food. La Frontera, La Fountain, Lone Star are some places I’ll frequent. Not to mention Del Taco. Yeah, I’m a Mexican food snob. So what

I just tried Bohemian and that was great. I’ve also been told to try KOU Korean BBQ in the old Hooters building. All you can eat and you cook the food on your table. Sounds good to me. I love food.

Not in SLC - Back 40 Ranch House Grille - before you enter Heber has become one of our favorites. Also like Sicilia Mia and and Layla.

1 Like

New Dragon Diner on 7800 and 3200 west ( across from maceys). I think very good chinese food.

I was going to mention Sicilia Mia. That and Stanza are the two best Italian places in the city.

Mazza, at 15th and 15th has great authentic Middle Eastern food!. I think the 9th and 9th location has the same menu, and I understand the food is the same high quality, but I’ve never been there.

1 Like

Yes, very good. Also worth mentioning is Pago.

We recently discovered Red Maple and really liked it.

Huh.

I think Red Maple is one of the worst restaurants I’ve ever been to. Had a co-worker who would always choose to go there when it was her turn to pick the team lunch spot. I started skipping the team lunch rather than have to eat there.

The same people are still at Bohemian, the Porcupine/Dodo group just owns it. They are expanding the beer production to use in the other places which is nice.

2 Likes

The BBQ pork and egg roll salad with vermicelli noodles is my guilty pleasure. It’s at Shanghai on 1300 South and State Street.

1 Like

I love Shanghai!

Try Nuan’s in Cottonwood Heights for great Thai. Some of the best in SLC, along with Sawaddee but without Sawaddee’s crowds.

I really like Lone Star, best Mexican I’ve found here, even if it can’t compare to the SoCal Mexican. I’ve found that’s the only food I haven’t been able to find a suitable replacement for after moving up.

1 Like

How has nobody mentioned The Bayou?

Not so low-carb-friendly, but damn if the gumbo and whatever entree isn’t blissfully tasty.

Not to mention the beer selection you drunkard Utes assuredly enjoy.

2 Likes

I have been to Mazza before and it is pretty decent. I still have not found a really good shawarma since moving from Canada. The Edmonton version is called a Donair and they are amazing. They have shawarma places all over Toronto as well. I am still looking for a really good place here.

That is hilarious and right in my neck of the woods. When I was growing up, that Chevron was a Harmon’s Kentucky fried chicken full service restaurant with a big monument sign of Col. Sanders on the corner. Was the second or third one in the country (after State St. inSandy). When they tore it down, the moved the KFC kitty corner, where it is now.

1 Like

I have eaten at every one of those places.

4 Likes