Best ever Utah Football Team?

Utah learned, after a few years in the PAC 12, that patience in recruiting was a virtue that paid big dividends. Unlike the P5 elite schools who have top tier kids throwing themselves at them, it was best sometimes to wait and see who was looking for a different path. Add the local twist with the LDS “sign and send” kids, and what looks on paper to be some serious bottom-feeder recruiting results in an elite corps of kids who are highly talented and hungry. We have had a number of early commits that ended up on a milk carton, or entering the transfer portal. Now we are seeing early commits, who in many cases, come here ready to play. For us, having 25 kids committed in August got us what we needed in the MWC. I think if I ever saw Utah lined up like that again, I might get worried we filled a roster, but didn’t fill it with talent. Yes, our methods are unorthodox, but what we have seen in continuous improvement over the last few years makes the case.

3 Likes

The other thing is that Utah typically finishes late. They tend to pick up a lot of their higher rated guys late in the cycle as those players become disillusioned when they see what the team is telling them isn’t true. While Utah’s honesty with recruits may put some off up front, it becomes a plus later in the process.

5 Likes

Nope, not even close to being the best Utah team ever.

1 Like

Nope. Not even. 2 other teams were better and all the scrub wins won’t change that.

Well be back in four ish years.

At least we’ve got gymnastics.

Me too, Rocker. Me too.

The one thing clear to me is we need to figure out a way to get better Oline prospects.