Baby Names

Utah is known for unusual names and unusual spellings. My adult kids have basic names, spelled in a traditional way, although we had some fun with their middle names. Even if they were babies, I don’t think I could allow myself to get more unusual than say, Ace or Gunner – obvious references to sports terms, and likely only as a nickname. I’m single minded that way I guess.

Jesus F CHrist. You would actually name your child slayer or shooter? All these years after Columbine and the pandemic of gun violence that exploded afterward?

5 Likes

This has to be was the birth of an idiocracy looks like. Dropping a violent name on your kid??? Do we take the next step and evolve MMA into being the Thunderdome - two fighters enter…only one leaves alive?

This is madness elevated.

3 Likes

POTUS on the podium in the future… “I nominate Charger Gonzalez to the Supreme Court”.

I always thought naming kids with cute names (Skylar, et.al.) that they will outgrow quickly was bad, but now?

2 Likes

I can’t wait for President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho to take office one day.

4 Likes

I was always partial to “Cool-Breeze.”
Thats a name a kid can really grow into.
It’s also gender neutral…

It started with the movie “parenthood” when the kids name was cool

1 Like

Worked with a guy whose last name was Park. His wife was pregnant with a boy. I tried to get him to name the kid Lincoln, and he thought about it. But he never got the joke.

3 Likes

Did you ever meet our old coworker Dick Leining? I always thought that was beyond cruel on the part of his parents. He was a pretty strange guy.

1 Like

No. But there were a lot of strange folks out there.

Not us, though.

Never

I worked with a guy named Jack Dick, and his wifes name was Rubba (pronounced like Aruba)

1 Like

I met a pair of twins in the deep south 30 years ago named LemonJelo and OranJelo. Their mama was a huge fan of Jello.

1 Like

Reminds me of Fletch Lives.

“I’m Peter Lemonjello. Your house is on fire.”