Tomorrow will mark the 5th year in a row I won’t be watching “the big game” and it’s for a number of reasons. FYI, I’ve also joined the #lastman competition, if you want to know more about it go here https://lastmangame.fandom.com/wiki/Last_Man-The_Game_About_Avoiding_The_Game_Wiki
I can’t stand the Super Bowl, one reason is the powers that be don’t like when advertisers piggy back by saying the words Super Bowl so they ban the use of the words Super Bowl from anything, including this anti- Super Bowl thread…Super Bowl. I know why they do it, it’s just stupid. Below are my reasons I hate the Super Bowl.
- Banning the use of the words Super Bowl (already mentioned) forcing people to say “The Big Game”
- The event is bigger than the game
- When the lady at my work feels compelled to look up “snack ideas for the Big Game” on Pinterest.
- Squares, these are only there to force non-football fans to watch the game.
- Super Bowl parties. Just another reason for fatties to eat and drunks to drink
- Commercials. They aren’t funny and they monopolize the entire evening. Ameritrade and Doritos?
6a. The shows about the commercials you’ll see during the show.
- Half-time show. What a waste of time, usually some has-been performer trying to make a comeback
- Non-football fans and their sudden interest, where were you the last 5 months?
- The number of bets you can place. The color of Gatorade? How long the national anthem will be?
- The non-stop talking about a game from people who shouldn’t be talking about the game. I’m looking at you The View
I’m sure there will be more that I can think of as we go. I know I’m in the minority here but if you agree with me then this is our thread to vent. I get this is a tradition for many people and the game really isn’t of interest to many, it’s more about the get-together. I guess I’m just not a very good consumer.
I can tell you this. Tomorrow afternoon is an amazing time to go to CostCo or shopping, the entire store is wide open.