Another key game for the Utes postseason hopes. Must protect home court

As a team CAL is shooting just 31% from deep in conference games. Their offense can sputter. They are competent on defense, and can take care of the ball.

They are much better than last year. New Coach Mark Fox has them playing hard. They played Colorado tough on Thursday, and have been better their last 3 games. Like the Utes, they are young (6 FR and 4 SO).

They are 10-9 (4-5 in PAC), with all 10 wins at home. They are 0-6 in true road games.

Their best player is SO SG Matt Bradley (Wasatch Academy). He scores, rebounds, hits 3s, and leads the team in minutes. He’s built like a LB, so he’ll look to go inside. Doesn’t have great lateral quickness so he can be foul prone.

The rest of the roster is just OK. Leading rebounder PF/C Aussie Grant Anticevich is tough. PG Paris Austin can defend, but can’t shoot. G Kareem South (grad transfer from Penn) also can’t shoot. Starting FR C 7’ Lars Thiemann is a work in progress. We’ll see a few others, but those are the main guys.

Utes win if they hold on to the ball, keep Bradley to his averages, and Cal keeps shooting 31% or less from deep.

GO UTES!

My 2 cents.

I’ll be there. I was there on Thursday and it was great. Frustrating at times, but still great.

3 Likes

I hope we Mississippi Valley State them.