Annual Father/ Son College Football Trip - USC Game

Hey all,
Every year my father and I pick a college football game to travel to and experience a new game day atmosphere. (Don’t worry we always root for the home team 5-0 so far) This year we have landed on the USC at Utah game and couldn’t be more excited. I have heard only great things about a game day at Rice-Eccles Stadium! Just wanted to reach out to see what recommendations you have for the following so we can ensure a great weekend in Salt Lake.

• Food
    -Drinks
    -Tailgate/Gameday spots to “prep” before game
    -Best seat locations inside stadium
    -Any other misc info that would help the experience.

Thanks in advance for the help and go Utes!

If I were spending a weekend, I would take a loop up Big Cottonwood Canyon and then head over Guardsman Pass into Park City. There are a number of very good breakfast spots in Park City. 5 Seeds is popular. If you want a more hearty breakfast, I like Wasatch Bagel - they have a lot more than bagels. If it is a night game, rent bikes for an hour and take a spin or take in Main Street or a nice hike.

If you are just staying in town, Park Cafe is the most popular place for breakfast or lunch. If you get there for breakfast, it will probably be lunch time before you actually sit down. I like Eggs in the City, myself. There are many good restaurants in SLC. If you want to get out of the city, head up Emigration Canyon to Ruth’s Diner or up Big Cottonwood to Silver Fork Lodge.

Main tailgate lot is east of Guardsman Way.

Hope you have a great visit.

4 Likes

I appreciate all the food recommendations. First time in Utah so will plan on heading to Park City one of the mornings.

When we make it back to Salt Lake there are other places that we also like to hit up.

1 is Bohemian Brewery, roughly 7200 So (Ft Union Blvd) and State Street. Another is Porcupine Grill at the mouth of Big Cottonwood Canyon. For a quick by satisfying burger we like to go to Crown Burger, especially the one on Highland Dr and approx 3300 South. Ruth’s Diner has always been fun for us too.

Don’t be shy about checking out campus, it’s really nice, and has good views of the valley.

1 Like