Andy Ludwig to the bank to cash his Utah Check!

Them deep pockets at Utah are deeper than ND!

2 Likes

I’d venture Ludwig just told them no, and this is ND’s attempt to save face.

1 Like

Or Utah has a bag bigger than the Irish.

If this turns out like we hope, what a remarkable ride for Lud, and for Ute football.

I still remember those A-holes from Oregon coming to this board to poison the well before Andy even got here. Sugar bowl. Silly number of OCs in between, then Lud 2.0, which has been the extreme opposite end of the spectrum from what those clowns were spewing.

8 Likes

I worked with a guy then, who is an Oregon Alum and huge football fan, who spent the next 2 or 3 years constantly telling me what a loser Andy was and how sorry we would be for hiring him. He left the firm, unfortunately, before the Sugar Bowl Season.

As soon as I see a confirmation that he is returning, I’ll text my former colleague (with whom I still occasionally communicate), that Andy is available and they should jump on trying to get him while he’s still considering offers. :slight_smile:

1 Like

As Josh Newman tweeted, ND would not have released the photos of Ludwig at the hockey game with the other coaches unless they thought it was a done deal. Too embarrrassing if it falls apart. And they knew the buyout from the very beginning.

ND couldn’t stand it if they had to admit they lost out to (gasp) Utah!

1 Like

This is the second coach from Utah that’s spurned the Irish. Ludwig probably called Urban to ask for pointers.

3 Likes

I guess I was right. According to Bill Riley, Harding was part of the deal (althogh I doubt he would have accepted if he had been promotyed to OC).

I know I’m biased because I’m a western guy, who likes mountains & canyons and everything you can do out here but if the money is similar, I cannot see living in South Bend, Indiana over living in Utah.

4 Likes

You don’t have to be a Western guy. SB is a ■■■■■■■■■ The campus is nice though.

1 Like

Nobody of means lives in South Bend. It is an industrial town that happens to have a nice private university located there.

They all live in the suburbs south of South Bend. If of sufficient means, they live in or near Naperville, Illinois and commute to South Bend.

Yes. One of the prettiest in the country. Game day is awesome too.

1 Like

I just assumed everyone lived in Michigan on the shore or in Chicago. Basically, Gary, In. to Michigan state line is a shell of what it once was during the Industrial Revolution.

Yeah, they canceled so many games vs Alabama I made a visit for the Vanderbilt v ND game. I’m not sure if it was just because I rolled with the Vandy people and they weren’t a threat to win but their fanbase was very midwestern nice and older than dirt. I think the campus is gorgeous and I know we will probably visit it when my daughter starts doing visits in the next couple years (although she’s wanting to be in California for school).

1 Like

When my Uncle was working for Wilson Sporting Goods at their HQ in Chicago, they lived in Naperville. Some of their neighbors worked at Norte Dame and Northwestern.

1 Like

That ND commute would be brutal from Naperville. Northwestern wouldn’t be too bad.

1 Like

Looks like the crisis is not going to happen. :face_exhaling:

5 Likes

A lot of on-line chatter that the Irish are making a renewed, last ditch pitch for both Ludwig and Harding. FWIW

Just when I thought it was safe to look at this thread again…

4 Likes

Mandel stirred up the fan base making the higher-ups look bad. In the SEC, a buyout like that is ‘closing costs’ to get your pick of coach. The point being made is that ND says they want to be champions but aren’t showing it by making Freeman go to less than his 1st choice.