…And the T’ain’t zone begins…

Now the Jazz are packing their bags and heading out of town, the Bees are perfecting their 8 1/2 inning performance with a closer meltdown to end their games, and no football. What is everyone planning on doing to fill the time?

I will be rearranging my sock drawer.

2 Likes

The Tour starts next week, so there’s that. The Olympics shortly afterwards. I’m working on the bike company. Since I don’t follow the NBA closely anymore, and rarely baseball, I’m ok with what I’ve got coming up.

I’m getting excited about CFB and NFL camps opening. Here’s to a great season for the Utes!!! I hope the Ravens do really well, I have zero expectations for my Cowboys except to contend for the NFC Least.

3 Likes

5 or 6 wins makes one a contender in the NFC Least

1 Like

That’s part of my issue with the Cowboys. I’m not sold on McCarthy as an HC. I just don’t think he’s that great. Look at what he had in GB, and what he didn’t accomplish. He and Rodgers should have more than 1 SB win.

1 Like

I will watch my grass burn up and binge watch some shows.

Was not impressed with Infinity last night.

Might go watch some Bees game meltdowns. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory can be entertaining with a hot dog and a lot of beer.

2 Likes

For those of us that enjoy soccer, Euro 2020 (played one year late) is going on right now.

But wish the Jazz were still playing. Really never got it together in post season as every single game in both series had stretches where we were badly outplayed.

2 Likes

Little league baseball tournaments (9 year olds, so not too serious).
Minimum three 25 to 30 mile bike rides per week.
Two rounds of golf per week.
Spend the rest of the days in the basement where it’s cool to recover from those things.

3 Likes

College World Series starts today. I could spend all day every day watching.

1 Like

I’m back on the mats, rolling Jiu-Jitsu.
Hoping to add Muay Thai.
Maintenance Mt biking and perpetual gardening

1 Like

I’ll still watch the NBA playoffs, and Eurocup and Copa America have been going on and have been pretty good viewing.

1 Like

Also US Open this weekend, and Wimbledon right around the corner.

1 Like

Ran a 5k under 11:00/mile for the first time this morning. That felt pretty good.

Trying to run around 15 miles/week; two days on, one day off. Sadly, my joints can’t do it every day.

3 Likes

Kayaking and paddle boarding with some bike rides mixed with some tasty PNW beers. Rewatching some old Ute games on Pac-12 Networks. Potentially some Sounders matches and Mariners games as Seattle is ending all restrictions soon.

3 Likes

Went kayaking yesterday in the PNW sunshine - it almost makes the winter worthwhile. That said, one of the few things I miss about Utah is (are?) the Bees. AAA baseball is just about perfect - the closeness of the small ballpark, mixed with the usually high quality of play.

5 Likes

And beer and hot dogs.

3 Likes

Get a good level of play with the Bees and the views of the Wasatch are exceptional.

2 Likes

This year’s Bees team has some mad talent, but no closer. Definitely makes you stay to the end of the game.

Starting it all with a black and blue burger and beer at Lucky 13 is fun, too.

2 Likes

Where did you kayak? We were out on the ship canal and Lake Union.