Am growing concerned about our new coaching staff

I’m encouraged that several of Smith’s players at USU followed him to Utah, and he was able to retain some good players for the few years he was in Logan.

4 Likes

Indeed would be nice in a few years that Coach Smith has acquired a few good recruits and come senior night, we are honoring a few 4th year players and on the way with a high seed to the PAC tourney with an NCAA bid essentially already secured. (A bit optimistic I realize)

2 Likes

We are barely halfway through this season, and I am already eagerly anticipating the offseason. The staff is going to hit the transfer portal hard and I anticipate more results this year due to them being more established this go around. They have been doing a lot of work on the recruiting circuit for 2023 and 2024 high school classes, but not much in 2022, outside of those that they tried for and were beaten out for. Also wouldn’t suprise me to see more international recruits trickle in.

I anticipate some transfers out due to not being pac-12 level players. I also wonder how many of the covid seniors will be invited back. I have my thoughts there but as this is a public (open) board, Ill keep them to myself.

5 Likes

It’s the exacte news we needed!

2 Likes

We shall call him Exacte Knife.

1 Like

We all would liked to have seen more wins. I would have liked to see a full season of Brandon, Duzan and Holt. I like that the guys are still playing hard despite the injuries and the disappointing season.

9 Likes

Two of the best players had serious health issues unrelated to basketball that kept them out much of the season.

3 Likes

Amen… Our best player has been out for covid and now surgery for an appendectomy. We have Dusan playing on one leg. Marco Anthony was out for a significant amount of time. They really have been snake bit. Here’s how I see the rest of the year going.

We get a win in the state of washington
We beat Oregon St
We sweep in Norcal (Carlsen loves playing those teams)
We beat ASU and Colo at home
7-13 in Conference

1 Like

I hope you are right. I would love to see the team get healthy and finish the season on an upward trajectory. Is hoping for a win in Vegas too much? Even if just in a Wednesday play-in game?

2 Likes

then we go on a run in the conference tourney and win the damn thing!

1 Like

I’m on board! Off to the store to stock up on orange soda!

3 Likes

Whoa! Slow down!

2 Likes

NEVER!!! VICTORY OR DEATH!! WIN THE DAMN THING. WE HAVE A SLIGHTLY BETTER THAN DUMB AND DUMBER CHANCE!!! WE CAN DO IT!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!

(Translation: We are so screwed)

3 Likes