Alamo Bowl Roll Call!

Too soon? :wink: Wow this one stings, but congrats to the players for working hard all year. Getting to the Rose bowl is no joke.

I think itā€™s too soon. Alamo bowl may select USC

2 Likes

I would be alright with that. San Antonio is a PITA to get to from SLC

I wouldnā€™t be surprised to see USC get the Alamo bid.

Fortunately, I did not bet on this game. But I will bet that Utah is headed to to the Vegas Bowl.

you are special

Is that seriously a possibility?

What a kick to the dick that would be after this season.

When youā€™re in the land of Bowl Games, the Finebaum rule applies. They donā€™t have to rank order. They take the team thatā€™s the best draw from the teams that are left. USC could easily be taken over Utah because they beat us, plus they are a better draw.

No itā€™s not. I think either Alamo or Holiday.

Not sure which one has more prestige, but Iā€™m an hour away from the Holiday Bowl, so wouldnā€™t be bummed too much if they went there. They laid an egg tonight but still proud of the boys. GO UTES

1 Like

Yā€™all need to read the Bowl selection deals for the PAC 12. The Alamo Bowl reads ā€œ2nd choiceā€ not ā€œ2nd rankedā€ after the CFP and Rose Bowl has selected. USC is a very marketable 2nd choice. They beat Utah and have the same number of Conference losses. More likely Utah ends up in Holiday Bowl against Minnesota.

After last night Iā€™d rather see us against Minnesota than Baylor or Oklahomaā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m looking forward to another bowl game loss.

Holy crap dude, in the last 20 years Utah is 14-2 in Bowl games. They sucked last night but get over it. Iā€™m looking forward to seeing this team one more time.

1 Like

I think itā€™ll be the Holiday bowl vs. Minnesota. Both have been paper tigers all year, so weā€™ll see what happens. Iā€™ll be watching, but disappointed itā€™s not the Rose Bowl. Kind of glad itā€™s not though b/c weā€™d get wrecked.

1 Like

Considering our performance against NW last year, and the likelihood of us playing a ranked opponent in our bowl game this year, how is what Iā€™m saying unfounded? Prior to last year, who were we playing in bowl games outside of Bama?

???

1 Like

Also, this was arguably the biggest loss in program history. Just get over it?

Soā€¦about that Alamo Bowl.

Ugh.

1 Like

This is the trade we made when joining the P12ā€¦ big fish in a little pond to a little fish in a big pond. Of course USC will be selected before Utah. Utah has to earn everything it gets, even battling intangibles like tv market size.

Thereā€™s no solution or satisfaction in fretting over the beauty pageant part of college football as a Utah fan. Utah is the ugly girl who, once in a while, kicks ass so exceedingly in the talent competition that the judges canā€™t leave them out. But if itā€™s a question of the swimsuit or evening gown, well, the Utes will almost never win based on those.

1 Like

Been saying this all along. Itā€™s in the deal language for the Bowls: they have the choice of whatā€™s left. Read the language.