A perspective-expanding blog post

Sports fans like me need regular reminders that life is big and broad and complex, and that sports are just recreational and very unimportant in the overall scheme of humanity and individual struggles. This is a great piece that reminded me (again) of that reality. Highly recommended.

I can vouch for this.

1 Like

As I think I’ve said on here, I lost a loved one this last year, my middle son’s best friend who was also like a son to me. He died this last October of brain cancer at age 22 after a year long battle, he was playing college basketball just a mere 2 years earlier. I also lost a coworker to heart attach at 38, he passed away the week before Christmas leaving a wife and 2 small children. My brother fought off cancer several years ago. I went to a Utah/Colorado football game with him just before he started treatments. I got the tickets from webmonkey, who attended with us, and is also someone we also lost in the last few years, someone who also had his crosses to bear. This is a pretty good article, it is a good reminder that none of us know what crosses others bear or how it is to carry those burdens. All we can do is try to be pleasant, caring, and treat others with respect. RIP Chris E., RIP Braxton R., & RIP Shawn J. I’m thankful l still have my brother.

1 Like