A little information about the new UF.N

Growing up when my family was sitting at the dinner table and my Dad wasn’t there on time, we’d always say, “Oh Dad’s on Utefans…”. It’s been a running joke for over twenty years now.

I grew up with Utefans and was fortunate enough to meet some of the heavy hitters from the board over the years. I knew Webmonkey, I went to games with Senioritis, I had lunch with Ma’ake, and I got to spend time around the legendary pirate ship. When I was really just a kid I tried my hardest to post on the board when I really had nothing to say. As I look back these were all very valuable experiences to me.

Months ago when I saw a chance to help revamp Utefans.net I jumped on the opportunity immediately. So far I’ve been very pleased with the results and it has been a lot of fun, but not without its challenges. Fortunately, a lot of board members have stepped up as have the publishers Rocker and LA (including LA’s better half). To have admin status on this board after being a lost ten-year-old who just wanted to fit in? Well, that’s surreal. It’s also one of the greatest compliments I think I’ve ever received.

I was so flattered today with some of the feedback I received about the site updates and have been moved by the support I’ve received from fans and former players. I was especially thrilled to fill some t-shirt orders today from some really neat people and was so happy that people wanted to rep the site I’ve always loved. This has all been a really neat experience for me.

As far as you guys go, I’m asking for your help. If you can spare a few bucks for a t-shirt or two, that would be great because it is fantastic advertising for the site (not to mention that the shirts are very comfortable and awesome!). We can’t move forward without the support of our members, and I’d love to get your feedback. This has all been very challenging but also one of the most rewarding experiences of my life, and I’ll never forget it.

Lastly, I just have to emphasize how much I love the site and how important it’s been to me, especially since Rocker rebooted it the other year. My vision is to make Utefans.net the premier Utah Fan Site in the State of Utah, but I just can’t do it alone. I’m grateful to all of you for your contributions and I hope to shake each one of your hands at some point, hopefully, sooner than later. You can always board mail me…I’d love to hear what you have to say.

-Steggy

It’s funny how you often assume that faceless people on the internet look a lot like you - I had no idea you were so young, and I apologize for anything you saw or heard on the BCS Booty as impressionable child. I’d be fascinated to know who your dad is and in fact, I’m interested to know about most people on this board - “who” you are.

I’ve been on UFN regularly since the morning of the Nisqually earthquake, when I posted a few times from the basement apartment of a creaky old brick building in downtown Portland. Was pretty sure I was supposed to hide under something, but it was my first quake, so yeah… Anyway, I had been lurking until that point, but created my Ute King account that morning - the King being the Portland State ViKing portion of my sports fandom at the time.

Since then, it’s been a bunch of moves and life changes, and actually getting to meet a bunch of you all when I returned to SLC in '04 was truly a life saver - I was not in a good place at the time and the friends I developed from this board were truly amazing. This community is much bigger than Utah sports or a simple message board. Tell dad to get to dinner though.

5 Likes

It’s true. I’ve met some wonderful people due to this site.

I also met Ute King.

(prepares for incoming throat punch)

5 Likes

Feeble?! Why, you have no idea what serious…I forgot where I as going with this…

2 Likes

You’re lucky, it’s only Wednesday.

2 Likes

I think you need to take down the Ma’ake piece from the front page. I feel that he is overly optimistic about the Utes.

2 Likes

I think you are right!

I respectfully disagree. Ma’ake wrote an excellent piece that was theoretical and inspirational.
We should hope to apply the theoretical into actuality, and be inspired as well…
We do in fact at this time, have opportunity to persevere while effecting theory into reality.
Go Utes!

1 Like