3 reasons we beat Cal

Both played great for a second straight game. Lahat had one of his best games as a Ute. Branden wasn’t a 100%, but gutted it out and helped us win. BC and Lahat held Kelly to 4 points. 12 off his season average. Lahat and BC frustrated him so much, that at the end of the game, he committed 5 fouls in less than 3 minutes. I love this team!!!

Utes looked a little sluggish in the first half down by 6 at the break, but then opened the 2nd half with a 9-0 run and never trailed in the second. It seemed like Smith made some slight adjustments that worked well.

It was nice to see instances coming out of timeouts were we would run some great offense. Gach getting the ball at the top and driving uncontested for the dunk comes to mind. Both might be becoming the head of the snake

1 Like

Also: Utes kept the turnovers in check. Cal isn’t very long or quick, and were unable to get the Utes to turn the ball over.

AND despite being shorthanded up front, the Utes were surprisingly even on the glass. A great team effort.

3 Likes

A PAC-12 win. I’ll take it! And I like this team’s guttiness!

3 Likes

One thing Utah has been doing well so far this season is they are keeping TOs in single digits most games (including both losses) I really like our effort on defense which is making it tough for opponents to get open looks.

Hoping to get Marco back soon.

3 Likes

also the Serbian Lazar/Lazer hit some nice three’s in the second half to keep that second half cushion

1 Like