2024 NC Game Thread

Wow. Where is the Penix we saw all season long?

2 Likes

I get y’all are shocked about Penix but this is all about Michigan Defense. It’s how they defeated Alabama and Ohio State. That Defense is STOUT!

3 Likes

Washington easily could have lost to Arizona, Arizona St. (incredibly), Utah (ugh!), Oregon St., and Washington St., Oregon (twice), and Texas. Guess it all caught up to them tonight. (Though this was a close game much of the way.)

1 Like

Was just going to say that. This Michigan defense is on another level. Washington hadn’t seen anything like it all year.

3 Likes

UW’s oline has had trouble with Michigan’s dline. Credit to the Wolverines defense.

3 Likes

So, if the targeting call on that Michigan had held up, and he was playing next year, would he have to sit out the first half of the first game?

1 Like

Before the Rose Bowl I told my wife if Alabama doesn’t get a big lead Michigan wins. They won’t light up the scoreboard but they will make that offense struggle. Washington’s WRs would catch most of the balls dropped but those DBs are covering and hitting HARD that these dudes are just dropping the ball. Legit Senior led team as well. Most of this starting roster is gone next season.

2 Likes

Why the hell is Penix still in there?

2 Likes

No kidding! Terrible move by UW coaches.

1 Like

Well, I called it.

3 Likes

I suspect we are going to learn he suffered a non-trivial injury tonight. He’s in a ton of pain.

2 Likes

So you’re buying the Pie and Beer? :wink:

4 Likes

THIS ^

Early on the family gathering surmised that Penix was unnerved by the big stage and that he may have caved to the pressure of trying too hard to live up to recent rumors of being 1st QB in the draft.

As the game rolled on we felt there may be an underlying injury he was fighting. Could be some of both?

3 Likes

He definitely seemed off. Missed a couple throws that he’s made earlier. Or the throw got called back for holding.

Given that, UM controlled the lines. Pressure on Penix, blocked for UM’s run game. UW didn’t have an answer. Just seemed like UW was 5% behind UM, not quite there. Decent game, but the little errors and misses added up to a score that looked more like a romp. Wasn’t close, wasn’t in doubt, but was a game of almost.

Future B1G championship game. Semis were B1G v SEC. Won’t a 12-team tourney be fun?! :wink:

My theory is that he had some lingering effects from having a 300 lb OL step on his foot when he got picked the first time, an uncharacteristic floater that was because of the foot on top of his forward foot on the throw. He might have had trouble putting weight on it after, which could explain the high balls. Then, when it became clear UW had to throw to get back in it, UM teed off on him and he took at least one shot to the right abdominal area that racked him up pretty good. Kind of like how Utah beat the snot out of Caleb in the 2002 PAC 12 game.

We’ll see.

3 Likes

Wine coolers and skittles.

3 Likes

Philistine! :wink:

2 Likes
5 Likes

One thing about these semi and final games on ESPN is that I have the option of the Skycam channel without any inane jibber-jabber from the announcers. Just rolling stats and the stadium announcer.

1 Like

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

Points for The Simpsons reference.