2024 MBB transfer portal

He’s from Finland. Maybe some Hanno Mottola good karma

3 Likes

Heck, at this point I’ll take some Ma Jian good karma. We need it all!

6 Likes

2 Likes

I still laugh when I think of Majerus being asked if Ma Jian was the best player in China. His response was: “In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king”.

8 Likes

First story I found. Don’t judge me just because it’s in the DNews.

2 Likes

Finns are the happiest people in the world.

2 Likes

We could have a 6’7" backup forward from Baylor … oh wait, he’s playing football? He did say there is a chance for him to be a 2-sporter, but we’ll see.

2 Likes

Play him both ways. Them boys don’t break.

While many of us have given up in the face of seemingly insurmountable obstacles that the new system presents for a program like Utah’s, Craig Smith perseveres.

So far, he’s put together a better than respectable recruiting class.

I’m skeptical that if any of these players blossoms, Utah can retain them. There’s always a program like St. John’s who has more money.

Regardless, I still believe in Craig Smith. I’m riding this horse through the Valley of the Shadow of Death.

6 Likes

I also feel he is a good coach.
I think as fans we should accept that the majority of Utah’s athletics programs will not be competing at the highest level. We were fans before the Pac-12. Many of us will be fans moving forward.

Some will stop being fans…and I am ok with that, also.

It will be interesting to see who he can add as assistant coaches. He has two on board. I think his best bet is to find a couple older guys who have experience but are not looking for a long term gig. Someone like Judkins was for Lynn Roberts this past year.

3 Likes

Smith’s personality makes him easy to pull for. He’s very Ron McBride or Jeff Judkins like. I hope he finds some magic next season.

6 Likes

I agree. This situation is not his fault. He’s been steadily doing what he was hired to do with the resources available.

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/kslsports/status/1788317467951124507?t=LDQYanpQjcsjouIWbF_flw&s=19

Sigh!

4 Likes

It was expected, but it still hurts.

3 Likes

Business is business, it seems.

He must have done it to follow Burgess, as a foreign student he can’t get NIL $.
Cougies already have 2 players with similar size & skill as Keita—so doubt he starts (like he would at U) & may have limited minutes.

Saw in D News Burgess said he got goosebumps when thinking about Cougies—probably the feeling he got when they handed him his first check.

2 Likes

Can’t really blame players (and coaches) for following the big $$$$$, especially impressionable young athletes in their late teens/early 20s.

2 Likes

Imagine feeling like that.

1 Like

we lost Excate to Bowling Green. Thats a head scratcher to me. I know he was injured early, but I wonder if something else factored in to him not seeing the court at all last year and subsequent transfer?

2 Likes