2023 March Madness Thread

Even though it seems like there have been several upsets, there have only been only five. But three of them were huge.

I’m not counting a 9 over an 8 as an upset.

4 Likes

I’m a fan of Chuck as analyst. Good stuff.

2 Likes

And Kansas goes down. No repeat.

3 Likes

Princeton is going to Sweet 16.

2 Likes

Kantsas.

4 Likes

Weird seeing Timmy Allen playing for Texas. Brings up mixed emotions.

2 Likes

Nothing like watching the tourney favorites implode.

This is going to be the Maddest March Madness ever.

2 Likes

Can’t blame his decision
He’s going to the Sweet 16.

Has anyone attended a final four lately? The fact that they play these games in huge football stadiums just seems ridiculous to me. I’m curious what the experience is like in such a venue. Doesn’t seem like it would be worth it to me.

1 Like

One great regret I will always have is that none of the ticket applications I submitted for the 1979 Final Four in the Hunty (called the SEC at the time) drew out. Then you could just send a check which was returned uncashed if you didn’t draw out. In fact they sent back the unopened envelope. Now you need to send $$$$ which includes a non-refundable fee whether you draw out or not and a long time later get your $$$$ back (minus the fee) and of course if you actually get lucky, very probably are quite a distance away from the court.

2 Likes

Well, in 1998 at the football dome in San Antonio, I had a real good Crimson Club level at the time, so I had good seats only about 10 rows up extended free throw line. But, I remember talking with ye olde Webmonkey a few years later, and he had seats way, way up in the corner almost next to the big curtain they hung. He was just happy to be there, but if are not a fan of one of the teams, I guess you can say you experienced it once, but otherwise, just want to watch it in HD at home.

2 Likes

Hell of a game between fUCLA and Zags.

2 Likes

My son’s a Gonzaga Grad, and thus my wife always has a Gonzaga flag on the front porch and watches all the games, getting way too stressed out they’re not playing well. (I can’t get her to go to Ute basketball games anymore but she’ll happily drive all the way down to the Marriott Center to watch the Zags beat up on a bunch of lowly Cougars.)

This game was way too close to by in our house with the two of them texting back and forth, but it did end the correct way. I would normally have been secretly rooting for the PAC12 team, but since fUCLA are leaving the PAC, I was happy with how it ended. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My thought after Strawther put the Zags back up on the deep three was “watch the trail man”. That is what the announcer said a few seconds before Parker Van Dyke hit a memorable buzzer beater in Pauley on a similar play.

5 Likes

Me, too. I immediately thought of that play. It would seem UCLA hasn’t learned that lesson yet.

2 Likes

Time for Alabama to bring out the secret weapon in the second half.

1 Like

Falabama…

1 Like

San Diego State! Nice job, fellow P12 mate. Haha

Oh, and Miami is up big.

Housdone…

1 Like

They are going to need a lot of glass slippers for this Final Four.

1 Like