1994 Freedom Bowl question

Does anyone know how I might be able to get a copy of the game or even audio clips? I just need the kickoff return footage/audio from the end of the game. Boardmail me.

is this what you are looking for?

1 Like

That is 1993, not 1994.

here are some game highlights

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve seen those. It seems those are the only available highlights online from that game. Years ago a UF.N poster shared a copy of the game with me but of course, that is gone now.

I was at this game. Honestly, the first 57 minutes were dreadfully boring. Cal Beck’s long kickoff return and the one-handed TD grab by Kevin Dyson saved the day. Utah had just 70 yards of offense. Overall, it was a great game because it was Utah’s first bowl win in 28 years and the program’s first-ever 10-win season. But Arizona’s Desert Swarm defense really stymied the Utes. Thankfully, Utah’s defense played well too.

5 Likes

It was so much fun to be at that game. Utah ended the season ranked 10th. I don’t know when was the last time prior to that season that Utah had a top 10 ranking, and it was a huge milestone for the program.

5 Likes

It was the highest ranking ever, I believe. I still can’t believe Utah blew leads of 21-3 and 17-0 against UNM and Air Force, respectively, and lost those two late-season games. Should have been an undefeated season.

5 Likes