You keep them

we don’t want them in our conference!!! The whole concept of a “top PAC referee” is the ultimate in absurdity.

On a related note……where’s your TV deal? What’s taking so long?

FTFO!

We will “poach” some better referees from other conferences.

It’s the cycle of life.

The NFL poaches from the P5…
The P5 cannibalise from one another and poaches the G5…
The G5 poaches from DIV II and DIV III…

1 Like

Unfortunately, we are likely pulling from MWC. Maybe we have to get some CA HS referees … definitely a job people aren’t doing as much - terrible putting up with parents these days.

If that’s the case, pull from the Trinity League in Orange County CA. It would be a huge upgrade.

FTFO!

Eh, doesn’t expire until summer of 2024. No rush. Might actually be better waiting at this point.

3 Likes

Wait for what, another member school to get nervous and bail? The Big 12 signed their deal seven months ago, plus how do ADs budget if they don’t know how much TV revenue is coming in? Needs to be done pronto.

Oh well.

FTFO!

Economic conditions. Big12ish jumped to lock in a deal (probably a little less then they could have received). It was a good move - 2nd between the 2 westernmost conferences (sans LA in B1G) was going to have fewer timeslots on the linears. So now that it isn’t a race, be methodical with full due diligence.

2 Likes

shouldn’t you be wondering if Aunt Becky has any relatives (nieces or nephews) that can tackle?

4 Likes

Not quite as much thanks to the portal.

What I’m REALLY wondering is if I’ll be able to watch my Gossip Girl reruns and PAC?? Football without changing the channel.

FTFO!

2 Likes

Ok, that was funny. Well played.

1 Like