Who should we be rooting for?

I like your scenario better, I was just going of the top 16 rankings

1 Like

One thing Sancho, you’re completely taking east cost bias out of the equation. For some reason if an SEC team losses to another SEC team that only helps the lower ranked team.

I wish I had recorded it but on GameDay last week when they were talking about Utah and Oregon they all agreed "the biggest fans of Ohio State and LSU is the Pac12. They want a clean and clear cut champ to avoid any confusion, especially since those two teams have been the best two teams all season. The Pac12 wants quiet and easy from the Big10 and SEC, if either of those teams lose there will be a lot of noise about other teams and the Pac12 can’t afford that. "

So who do we root for this weekend, the Saturday after Thanksgiving?

1. Utah! Goes without saying.

2. LSU and Ohio State! We want them to run the table.

3. Oklahoma State! We need Baylor and/or Oklahoma to pick up another loss before their CCG, and Baylor has a patsy this weekend (at Kansas). OTOH, OU has a rivalry game on the road vs an 8-3 Ok St team. OU is a 13 point favorite, but that’s ridiculous for a rivalry game with a history of upsets. I am taking the points.

4. Auburn! At home they are a 3 point dog vs Alabama. Rivalry game will be a dog fight.

5. Wisconsin! They are a 2 point favorite at Minnesota. Wouldn’t hurt if Minnesota picked up a second loss.

6. Oregon! Need to add luster to their resume. Rivalry game vs OSU, but they are home.

7. Kansas! Ain’t gonna happen, but we can hope. At least they get Baylor at home.

8. South Carolina! Somehow they beat Georgia a few weeks ago. At home in a rivalry game can they do the same to Clemson? Unlikely, but you never know.

GO UTES!

My 2 cents.

2 Likes

Not so sure. Couple of far fetched for all of this to happen, but possible scenarios. Michigan beats Ohio St. Wisconsin runs the table. 2 losses for the B1G teams. A&M beats LSU and Auburn beats Bama. SEC only has 1 team with 1 loss. Ok. St. Beats the OU then OU beats Baylor. 2 losses for the Big 12. Utah runs the table. Utah would end up in the Fiesta Bowl as the 3 seed!

If the system was in place in 2018 it would have been like this:
Game 1: #1. Alabama vs #16. UAB at Tuscaloosa
Game 2: #8. UCF vs. #9. Washington at Orlando
Game 3: #4. Oklahoma vs. #13. Fresno State at Norman
Game 4: #5. Georgia vs. #12. Penn State at Athens
Game 5: #2. Clemson vs. #15. Northern Illinois at Clemson
Game 6: #7. Michigan vs. #10. Florida at State College
Game 7: #3. Notre Dame vs. #14. Appalachian State at South Bend
Game 8: #6. Ohio State vs. #11. LSU at Columbus

Game 9: Game 1 winner vs. Game 2 winner University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale, Arizona
Game 10: Game 3 winner vs. Game 4 winner Georgia Dome, Atlanta, Georgia
Game 11: Game 5 winner vs. Game 6 winner Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans, Louisiana
Game 12: Game 7 winner vs Game 8 winner Rose Bowl Stadium, Pasadena, California

Game 13: Game 9 winner vs. Game 10 winner Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, Florida
Game 14: Game 11 winner vs. Game 12 winner AT&T Stadium, Arlington, Texas
Game 15: Game 13 winner vs. Game 14 winner at Levi’s Stadium Santa Clara, California

1. Alabama
  2. Clemson
  3. Notre Dame At-Large
  4. Oklahoma
  5. Georgia At-Large
  6. Ohio State
  7. Michigan At-Large
  8. UCF
  9. Washington
  10. Florida At-Large
  11. LSU At-Large
  12. Penn State At-Large
  13. Fresno State
  14. Appalachian State
  15. Northern Illinois
  16. UAB

You lost me at “Wisconsin runs the table” and “A&M beats LSU.” Very unlikely.

1 Like

Utah
LSU
tOSU
Baylor
UVA

That would help things work out very nicely.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Agreed.

No way Memphis is losing to UCLA this weekend. Or winning that match-up.