Who should we be rooting for?

Right, one SEC team will get in the playoffs for sure. You proposed that if LSU loses to Arkansas two SEC teams are more likely to get in. I don’t think so. An LSU loss before the SEC Championship means they must win the Championship to make the playoff. There is no way a two-loss LSU team is going.

Stranger things have happened. If 1 SEC team is guaranteed in the best idea is to make it most obvious, hence LSU. When you start throwing in Georgia and Alabama with LSU it isn’t as clear and the Playoff committee tends to favor the SEC. They’ve gotten two teams in before.

Hell, Florida is still in the talks at 9-2. All I’m saying is if LSU runs the table and is the clear favorite, the selection is much easier for the committee.

1 Like

As a Ute fan from Louisiana one should always root for LSU to win but in the situation in the CFP as it stands today if you want only one SEC team in the playoffs the best thing you can root for is LSU to stay undefeated. I would say the same thing about Ohio as there is a possibility they get two Big10 in though unlikely. Other than that Utes win out they are in. Clemson loses any game they drop out of top 10… Change My Mind. :smile:

1 Like

Best (and most likely) scenario seems to be: Utah, LSU, Ohio State, and Clemson win out. Oklahoma and Baylor each pick up a second loss. These all happen and the Utes are in the playoffs.

A Clemson loss would also help but that is very unlikely. Their remaining games are at 4-7 So. Carolina, and a CGG likely vs a 3 loss Virginia.

So who do we root for today?

Utah
LSU
Ohio State
TCU
Texas

Clemson is off today.

1 Like

Texas A&M should be on that list. Get Georgia out of the discussion.

2 Likes

Do we have to root for Texas?

1 Like

No. Never root for Texas.

2 Likes

That game doesn’t really matter. What DOES matter is that LSU run the table, including a win over Georgia in their CCG. If Georgia upsets LSU in the CCG, it could shut the Utes out of the playoffs.

Good to get Pen State out of the discussion, but otherwise a disappointing day for upsets. Was hoping A&M could topple Georgia.

1 Like

Bad juju, man. The day isn’t over, and there are a few favorites I want to win.

1 Like

THIS. This right here is what I need. A handy chart to print out and put in my wallet.

1 Like

If we want to see an 8 or16 team playoff?
OK State beats Okla
Oklahoma beats Baylor
Michigan beats Ohio State
Georgia beats LSU
Colorado beats Utah
Utah beats Oregon
Wisky beats Minnesota
Wisky beats Ohio State

CFB Playoff is

1. Clemson
  2. UGA
  3. LSU
  4. Bama

If Colorado beats Utah, Utah will not play Oregon.

1 Like

Ah yes. I forgot of the silly Trojans last chance for hope.

WEEK 14

2 Likes

Thanks Thrill. This allways helps the no conoscenti like myself

[quote=“BamaFanNKY, post:35, topic:2044”]
…If we want to see an 8 or16 team playoff?[/quote]

1 Like

I think you are wrong on OSU/Michigan. The only scenario where the Big10 gets two teams in involves OSU beating Michigan then losing in the Big10 title game. Based on that, I’m rooting for Michigan.

I think I’m also rooting for A&M over LSU. If LSU loses, the dream of two SEC teams is over. The winner of LSU/UGa gets in, but that’s it.

2 Likes

Nope. It would be 10 conference champs and 6 at large. First round highest seed is a home game.

1 Like