Who is the GOAT athlete?

You might have won me over. I guess it comes down to what we mean by athlete? I could be convince that a gymnastic is the greatest athlete. The strength, balance, flexibility, concentration that they exert is incredible.

1 Like

As someone who wrestled Freestyle myself I have an issue with crowning a guy who just wrestled Greco-Roman. This is like when boxing guys claim their fighters are better than UFC guys. Karelin is hands down the greatest Greco-Roman wrestler. As a wrestler growing up I always hated Greco-Roman though.

I prefer guys like Kenny Monday, Dan Gable and Aleksandr Medved to Karelin.

Maybe the GOAT isn’t a modern human but ancient humans who had to hunt.

3 Likes

Would Karelin beat prime Andre the Giant in pro wrestling? Or even Greco-Roman?

Bolt
Ali
Wilt

The Holy Trinity of Athletes.

It’s still Jim Thorpe.

Thorpe can be Heavenly Mother, he’s there but nobody understands what he did or mentions him.

It’s been mentioned in this thread. Football, baseball, decathlon, pentathlon.

I know, but out of respect for him, let’s just keep it on the down-low.

Maybe because I went to all the LA Raiders Games, I was at the All Star Game he crushed the lead off home run and I watched him destroy Alabama in College. Or maybe it’s because most of the people who played against him called him the greatest ever.

No one dominated like he did.

1 Like

It’s still Jim Thorpe.

1 Like

Lawrence Taylor is the top of the list for football players. I realize Bo played baseball but…championships? Playoffs? LT made the Giants instant contenders.

LT wasn’t an All Star in Football and Baseball nor a Heisman winner. LT however was in Waterboy so that alone makes him a Renaissance man.

1 Like

Heisman winner?? Well let’s get Danny Wuerffel in the discussion, what are we doing ??

Yeah, the only metric I mentioned was Heisman. I get you’re motivation is usually trolling but if we are going to have you in the conversation of GOAT for Ute Trolling you have to step your game up.

Clearly, the greatest Ute Troll is Rocker.

3 Likes

Another to consider: Jackie Robinson

He was a 4 sport star at UCLA. He played football, basketball, baseball and track. He also played tennis.

3 Likes

I still stand by this.

Jesus couldn’t hit a curveball.

2 Likes

Well that’s a minute and fourteen seconds that I’ll never get back…

3 Likes