Whittingham lacks self-discipline

I hate to be this guy, but I have to agree with you. Whitt is what he is, a coach that wins more than he loses but can’t get over the hump. I do disagree with you about better options. Why not throw a boatload of money at Harsin up in Boise. His resume is top notch with 4 conference titles in 7 seasons as a head coach. Imagine him running his offense with our talent. We need to stop this self defeating attitude of a fan base that we can’t do better, we can and we have.

3 Likes

The Ute’s fist drive, moving into Oregon territory, on third and two and fourth and two, the entire stadium knew it was going to Moss up the middle On Oregon first series of downs after the Utes stalled, a designated breaking their tendencies run to the outside by Herbert for a big gain. My first thought was, Oregon is playing to win, maybe they could beat the Utes mano y mano, i.e., vanilla, but they’re deploying every arsenal at their disposal.

Harsin up in Boise? Really?? He is better than Whittingham? I’m not sure what to say to that.

1 Like

He has 4x as many conference titles and just as many big bowl game wins, so yes if you look at it he is better.

Great board name.

1 Like

I wonder if Coach Whittingham wants this as well ???

My guess is YES!!!

He might want it but he has shown that he lacks the ability to.

Nah, he’s done it before (in the conference formerly known as TDS’ pretend-bitches) and he is on the cusp. He’ll get it done. Margin of error is extremely small though, obviously.

I haven’t either, here or at UB5, but I have at FB. One person there suggested Whit is still riding Urban’s coattails, some 15 years after 2004.

1 Like

Define “getting over the hump.”

I wonder if TCU fans are questioning if Gary Patterson has the ability to get the Frogs over the hump.

1 Like

Winning conference titles. Things Urban Meyer and Ron McBride were able to do.

He’s won a Big 12 title and I think 7 overall at TCU. Whitt has one.

It doesn’t mean anything if you can’t win it. What is your excuse for not winning more MW titles?

He has six. The last one in 2014.

1 Like

Urban won two outright in two seasons at Utah. Mac won two shared. Whit has won 1 outright.

The first step to winning the Pac-12 is to win the division, and that has been done now, twice.

1 Like

TCU was damn good

LOL. For a guy who joined the board 5-6 hours ago you have a lot to say, all of a sudden. Tell me — when you say “your” are you referring to Utes fans? A while ago it was “our”. Come on, man, you’ve got to stay focused!

2 Likes

It appears that VoiceofReason has been sent to Coventry.

1 Like