Whit's future

I am hearing rumblings that Whit may retire after the end of the season. There are at least two articles in local publications discussing this possibility. Does anyone have any insight? Is this all just click bait? Earlier in the season, he looked tired and worn out to me. But as the team has improved and overcome the tragedy of Jordan’s and Lowe’s death, he seems to have gotten some newfound energy and excitement.

I hope he comes back for a few more years, but I wouldn’t blame him if he decides to step away.

The last two seasons have been a grind, at best. At worst, they have brought so much emotion, sadness, and challenge to be almost unbearable. When you start becoming a person of a certain age (50+), things like deaths of people close to you, issues with family (including just wanting to spend a ton of quality time with them), and the all famous “bucket list” become more a part of your being than they did when you were 30, or 40. Given all the kids and grandkids wanting “papa time,” getting his heart just trampled by those two tragic deaths of players, not to mention anything else going on in his life right now, it will all weigh.

If he goes, god bless him and his family for their contributions to our entertainment and his future endeavors.

If he stays, god bless him with success on and off the field.

3 Likes

Local….except one is Jon Wilmer whom is syndicated by KSL. He’s not local, and really isn’t a Utah fan.

1 Like