Whit can tie Armstrong

I’ve heard Whitt channel his inner Jerry Sloan and say that he doesn’t want a statue or anything at the stadium when he decided to hang it up but I’m sure that something will be done. However, I’ve thought for a lot of years that this should happen before Kyle retires.

If I’m reading the Salt Lake County Assessor’s website correctly 1400 East - although it is now integrated into the west parking lot - is still an active Salt Lake City street. Looking up the official address of the stadium it shows 451 South 1400 East. That’s a really boring address.

I’d love to see the city change the name of 1400 East to Ike Armstrong Way so the stadium address can be 451 South Ike Armstrong Way. Then do whatever you want to honor Kyle.

7 Likes

Wasn’t Clay the one who fumbled the ball over the 1/2 yard line, allowing Oregon to run it back for a touchdown?

• If so, I’d keep him off my favorites list.
4 Likes

Patrick is an obvious omission that should be there. Although we should not conflate NFL performance with what they did in college. He did lead the team in receptions in 2016 and had 700ish yards. That was really his only impact year.

Yes, but there were so many more contributions to atone for one of the all time bonehead moves.

1 Like

77Ute mentioned the 2007 UNLV game when he picked the Louisville game. I think the turning point in the Utah program was that UNLV game. Since that time Utah was a power in the MWC and eventually that created PACMAS.

Thinking of USC ending up being ranked #3 and I think Alabama and TCU in 08 also ended the season ranked in the top 10 - What were our 5 best wins if “ended the season ranked” is what determines best? What are the TDS best 5 using that same criteria?

I have no idea for anyone else. The website I used to use to keep track of this stuff is now defunct. For Utah, the top 5 wins based on end-of-season ranking:

1. USC (2016) - AP #3
  2. Alabama (2008) - AP #6
  3. (Tied) Colorado (1961) - AP #7
  4. (Tied) TCU (2008) - AP #7
  5. Arizona State (1973) - AP #9
2 Likes

Gordon Monson should run for office, he’s got this double talk down

4 Likes

Sorry. I told myself years ago that I wouldn’t click on a Monson article.

8 Likes

I won’t read it either, but the headlines make me laugh

5 Likes

Add me to the list of those that won’t click on his articles either; I don’t want to give that hack a dime.

9 Likes

Is it just me, or is the title “Where quarterbacks go to die” insensitive or inappropriate given the climate surrounding the football team? It get that it’s a figure of speech, but it seems to be a poor choice of words.

4 Likes

To be fair, Monson wrote it several days before Aaron Lowe’s death.

Sadly, I succumbed to the clickbait and read it when it was published in September. It’s just the sort of hack analysis that everyone has mentioned.

141!

7 Likes

Congrats to Coach Whit on matching Ike Armstrong.

Nobody thought it was possible in today’s game, which makes the accomplishment even more noteworthy.

5 Likes