Which band/performer have you never seen that you would travel pretty much anywhere in the US to see?

I saw Frank Zappa at Westminster college in, around 1972, (I sluffed High School at East High, hitchhiked the mile down to Westminster for a workshop featuring Frank, hosted by the then Jazz program) not a real concert, but fabulous.

Wes is number one on my list of misses. He was dead before I ever heard of him.

The Beatles and Dave Clark Five. I’m fortunate to have seen pretty much everyone else in their prime, but missed out on those two. And I’ve seen The Rolling Stones on their Exile on Main Street tour with Stevie Wonder as the opening act in Wash., DC, and then these guys in '73 on this tour that opened the exact same way as this video. And Page was clear-eyed and on fire.

1 Like

I like the 101ers.

1 Like

Pink Floyd, Metallica, I have seen U2 3 times Depeche Mode Oingo Bingo 24 times, Red Flag to name a few.

Yardbirds.

I was fortunate enough to see The Who while Keith Moon was still alive. I also got to see Jethro Tull 3 times, Black Sabbath (Volume 4 tour), and Ten Years After, to name a few.

1 Like

Would love to have seen
David Bowie - SFM tour
B52’s - original lineup
Beatles - Abby Road rooftop

2 Likes

Forgot Jimi, The Doors and The Mahavishnu Orchestra

The very first band I ever saw was Fleetwood Mac at the the Special Events Center. It was also the first time I smoked weed. Yup, weed was available on the Utah campus in the 70s (ok, weed was everywhere in the 70s).

Since then I’ve seen just about every band that I cared about – Grateful Dead, Stones, The Who, and too many others.

But the one band/group I’ve missed is the Beatles. But they broke up when I was too young to go to concerts.

Seeing the Beatles all together would have been amazing. Been able to see Paul (5 times) and Ringo (twice). Sadly never will see John or George perform live.

1 Like

The Beatles have to be my all-time favorite band. That’s kind of funny, because I don’t really listen to them much anymore, but I think they’re musicianship is superlative to a lot of bands out there. Ever.
Ringo gets a bad rap too.
He’s actually remarkable musician and decent guy. He provided exactly what was needed to be played for they’re material. Not everyone is a maestro instrumentalist, and, a lot of technical wizards are not ideal or necessary.
But I digress…

1 Like

Fortunate enough to see some Masters before they left us . Miles Davis, Albert and BB King, Dizzy Gillespie, Stevie Ray Vaughan, John Lee Hooker, Weather Report ( with and w/out Jaco). First ever Concert Santana

I have been on a Beatles kick lately. Seems to happen once or twice a year. I always thoroughly enjoy it, and it’s always a spiritual experience. They changed how I saw the world.

1 Like

The Police with Sting

Oingo Boingo

The Talking Heads with the B52’s

The original Van Halen before all the BS.

The Grateful Dead…it’s the dead.

1 Like

I saw the Police Ghost in the Machine tour. I managed to snag a broken drum stuck after the show. It split off the grain but was still playable. I gave it to one of my very dear friends whom to this day is a superlative drummer and all around great guy.

1 Like

I know its probably been mentioned but I’d love to get the Led out and see Zeppelin. They put on a SHOW.

1 Like

I’m sure I posted this before, but I think it’s the definitve Zep video.
Multiple clips over time. The best sets of their video catalogue.

https://images.app.goo.gl/uh4sPJMPCMZx2GYGA

I particularly like the intro to Black Dog. Also, JPJ’s bass sounds so dirty on this. Love the Immigrant Song too. No one knew how to rock like them.

Love watching Jimmy dance when he plays guitar. Keif too.
BD is a good one

I was listening to the album Houses of the Holy the other week. I think if I had to pick a favorite Zeppelin song it would be No Quarter. That riff just gets me every time.

My favorite Zepp song is “Thank You”. I might be the only person who thinks that.