What're ya cookin'?

I’ve never been a great cook but the past few months I’ve been digging in and trying some new things and getting better at it. I know some of you are phenomenal cooks and so I wanted to start a thread where you could do what you do on Facebook - specifically posting what you are (and preferably made today).

Tonight peasant bread, to make the place smell like heaven before I take off for the Rose Bowl.

Like for NSFW pics.

Great idea!

Day old pizza and warm, flat beer.

The breakfast of champions!!! :joy::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Got a brisket with a dry rub going on the smoker tomorrow morning.

1 Like

Homemade tamales and MAYBE some Chili Colorado.

1 Like

Pics or it didn’t happen

Which part? The tamales or the Chili Colorado?

I already made the tamales just prior to Christmas Eve. I froze a bunch so that we could have them. They are good. Here they are in the steamer.

This batch ended up being roughly 2 dozen. They’re pork, with some of my red enchilada sauce mixed in with both the meat and the masa. I got my chlies from Hatch, NM. Those are HOT, even by my standards. The mixture of my sauce, the masa, and the pork isn’t terribly hot, but it is flavorful. I can kick up the heat with more of my enchilada sauce over the top of the tamales. I’m very pleased with this batch. Strangely enough, I couldn’t make them with lard this time. No one had any lard in stock in my area. So I had to use vegetable shortening, not my normal go to lipid for tamales. It worked though, so I can’t complain too much. The lard would have added another layer of flavor, and fewer hydrogenated fats.

1 Like

Made some scratch pizza tonight. Parents are in town and they like ham and pineapple. I don’t want to hear about it :wink:.

2 Likes

Should this thread be called “Hey Good Lookin, Whatcha Got Cookin?”

3 Likes

Ham and pineapple is good IMO. It’s not my favorite, but I don’t turn my nose up at it.

It combines sweet, sour, savory, salty, and tangy all into one.

1 Like

I like it. Grew up with it as a common choice. Worked at a pizza place in HS. I just know it’s controversial with strong opinions on both sides.

1 Like

Ham and pineapple pizza is something you eat in Hawaii as both items are Iron Chef items in that state, :wink:

We like ham and pineapple

1 Like

Grandma’s bacon fat biscuits with sausage, egg, and cheese for the last breakfast of the year.

3 Likes

Looks great, though the first mental response was you went to McDonalds…kidding since there is actual good stuff in them and the biscuits don’t look overcooked.

Had I been driving to LA today, the EggaMovieMuffin from McDonalds would’ve likely been my breakfast.

1 Like

Chicken Tikka Masala with sticky rice

2 Likes

Is it wrong that I just heard that as Hank Sr?

1 Like

Who else could you possibly want to hear singing.it?

Hank Jr, maybe. I can ALMOST hear Johnny Cash singing it in his raspy voice, like how he did Hurt.