What Are You Drinking This Morning?

Wyoming Whiskey, it stings the nostrils.

The same thing I always drink… water

1 Like

2 Likes

A keurig brewed double-shot cappuccino with cinnamon and sugar sprinkle

2 Likes

That does sound good right now.

People may laugh at Barton Vodka. But the late, great Pangloss once did a taste test with five different vodkas. He had some of the high priced ones like Stoli and the like. Barton won hands down.

5 Likes

Barton’s is a great vodka for Bloody’s.

To the other part. Vodka, like Sake, has so many different blends, it’s hard to say how you evaluate taste v value.

2 Likes

I’m not a cognoscenti, but if only could I drink vodka, I would not drink at all.

Pangloss is no longer with us? God damn it. There are fewer and fewer good things in this world.

1 Like

He passed away this summer. He is truly missed.

3 Likes

Me too. Sometimes half/half with herbal ginger listerine stretches it out farther. Sprig of mint in the big gulp I pour it in so I feel more civilized, maybe even a little sophisticated.

1 Like

My recipe - informed by colleagues from around the world and the wisdom of their cultures - coffee with ginger, turmeric, cocoa and cinnamon.

If you like Starbucks sugared up coffees, this mix ain’t for you.

(This ritual is part of what got me a round of applause from my physician, who said I’m one of the rare cases he’s had of people reversing the typical progression into metabolic syndrome. “You’re doing better now than you were 15 years ago, based on the numbers, the labs and how you look”. Yeah, I’ll skip the mocha.)

2 Likes

I’m 100% confident that I could discern barton from grey goose in a blind taste test.

2 Likes

He was my favorite. I’m sure an awful loss to those who knew him, I am so sorry.

I’m a tepid coffee kind of person 1st thing in the morning. Easily slurped and the jazz hits your system faster. I do enjoy hot coffee too, so don’t lose your minds, you purists.

2 Likes

Did a test with some friends in SLC about 10 years ago - bottom shelf vodka filtered through a Brita three times was indistinguishable from the good stuff.

1 Like

I think I might have been there…

You weren’t. Though it seems like something we would do. Reprise the event someday, perhaps?

Maybe it was the whiskey tasting event. I remember Sfork pouring shot glasses and you and a few others doing the taste tests. I was still recovering from major surgery so I chose not to partake (and I don’t care for whiskey anyway)

1 Like

Yes! That was the Bourbon event on my birthday.

1 Like