We are one third through conference

ASU was the toughest opponent to date, but the balance of the season has some pretty good opponents.

Utes have a really tough game playing in Corvallis. Beavers had a bye this week. Jonathan Smith has these guys playing much better than anticipated.

On the road at Stanford, a team with a talented QB and some toughness.

Chip has UCLA playing with some meanness. DTR is slinging it and not trying to ve a one man show. Their D is stout.

UW has been a nemesis. They will be tough.

It’s a long rocky road ahead. Enjoy the ride knowing these Utes are now demonstrating the resilience and determination to overcome.

Go Utes!

Yep.

But I think you meant Oregon, not UW.

5 Likes

Yeah I was like Utah doesn’t play Washington this year unless the Huskies magically improve and win the North. Speaking of teams who have magically improved and could potentially win the North, don’t overlook Washington State. Yes, that Washington State. They’re 3-0 since Utah beat them and all 3 wins have come against their northern brethren (Cal, Oregon State, and Stanford). If Utah beats Oregon State and Oregon loses at UCLA this week, Washington State would actually take over first place in the North @ 3-2 because they play BYU in non-conference play this week. How crazy would it be for Utah to win the South and Washington State to win the North? That win over Wazzu by Utah looks better every week. Also, anybody look at the Sagarin College Football computer rankings like I do? They have Utah currently with the 15th most difficult schedule in the entire country (and #21 in their rankings). Utah has played a seriously difficult schedule this season, and it’s only going to get more difficult over the next two weeks, as they play 4-2 Oregon State on the road (who is undefeated at home) and then 5-2 UCLA in Rice-Eccles (who is undefeated on the road).

How could I do that while watching a replay of UW and UCLA? :relaxed:

2 Likes

They’re likely to lose their head coach this week. Will be interesting to see how that all goes.

2 Likes

And… done.

1 Like