Very sad day at FFU's house my 17 year old German Shorthair Pointer

crossed the Rainbow Bridge yesterday. I am so sad and heartbroken without him RIP you are loved and missed!!!

Sorry to hear that. 17 years is a long life for a large dog. He must have been well taken care of, lucky dog.

5 Likes

Very sorry to hear FFU.

When my mother’s dog died last year, I enlarged and framed the best photo she had of him and hung it in a prominent place in her living room. She tells me almost every day how much she enjoys having it there. This doesn’t work for everyone; for some it is a heartbreaking reminder rather than a comforting one. But it might work for you…

Hang in there.

4 Likes

Very sorry to hear that. Always hurts to lose a member of the family.

2 Likes

We are so sorry to hear that and hope that you can have wonderful thoughts and memories about your best friend, like shafts of light through stormy skies

2 Likes

Damn FFU, so sorry to hear that.

Condolences to you and your family.

2 Likes

I can’t express how sorry I am. 17 years a long time to have a friend and loyal companion. I hope that you can find solace in that your friend is happily waiting for you.

3 Likes

Thank you all for the kind replies. I rarely post here anymore so I appreciate your kind words etc. thank you again

3 Likes

I’m very sorry to hear this, FFU. For me, losing a dog has been the saddest day of my life. They can be the best pal you can have. Hoping you can find some way to find consolation.

2 Likes

So sorry, FFU. I’ve always felt a kinship with you because of our mutual love of dogs. This just hurts, doesn’t it? I will be thinking of you.

“If dogs don’t go to heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”

–Will Rogers

4 Likes

Sorry for your loss. Man, that’s always a tough one.

2 Likes

thank you, the feeling is mutual. It hurts immensely. me and my other dog are mourning and looking for him I still think I need to check on him, reach out during thenight to pet him and check on him etc we are heartbroken and sad

3 Likes

Those are heartfelt and reasonable feelings we all share with you and your family

1 Like